JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Part of screen is slightly darker than the rest

(Topic created: 12-31-2023 03:35 PM)
userKPR5m97E8S
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My Galaxy Tab s4 has part of the screen darker than the rest. About a third. Remains that way with changing screen orientation and restarting device.  If I screenshot screen then it doesnt show. I dont know how to attach photos here to demostrate my problem but on youtube user Bulletproof in video "Half screen darker,  how to fix it" at 40 seconds shows what what it sort of looks like, only thats on a monitor and my problem is on a tablet. What could be the problem and what can i do to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Because the screenshot works, that means that the data going to the screen is OK which possibly means that the screen is failing. 

I would first boot to Safe Mode to see if the problem persists. 

If it's still there, I would do a Factory Reset without restoring a backup.  If it's still bad then it's time for service or an upgrade..... or live with it until you can't stand it anymore. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Because the screenshot works, that means that the data going to the screen is OK which possibly means that the screen is failing. 

I would first boot to Safe Mode to see if the problem persists. 

If it's still there, I would do a Factory Reset without restoring a backup.  If it's still bad then it's time for service or an upgrade..... or live with it until you can't stand it anymore. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor