JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab s9 ultra unable to register finger print and face recognition. Keep restarting and rebooting

(Topic created: 12-30-2023 07:02 PM)
Jmiin
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hello!  I received a tablet, the Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra, as a gift, but I'm quite confused about its current state. I can't use fingerprints, and face recognition seems to have a problem.

After trying face recognition,

On the screen, it says, "Face recognition not working. If this keeps happening, restart your tablet."

After restarting my tablet, it keeps restarting over and over again. I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Note:
- I've already updated my S9 Ultra.
- I've erased all data.
- I've reset all settings.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

have you added any apps?  Boot to Safe Mode and see if the issues persist. 

1. Pull down the top menu and press the Power icon so that the Power Off and Restart icons appear

2. Press and Hold the Power Off icon until the green Safe Mode icon appears

3. Tap the Safe Mode icon and the phone will reboot into Safe Mode

4.  To exit Safe Mode,  just reboot. (you may have to take it off airplane mode when it restarts) 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

have you added any apps?  Boot to Safe Mode and see if the issues persist. 

1. Pull down the top menu and press the Power icon so that the Power Off and Restart icons appear

2. Press and Hold the Power Off icon until the green Safe Mode icon appears

3. Tap the Safe Mode icon and the phone will reboot into Safe Mode

4.  To exit Safe Mode,  just reboot. (you may have to take it off airplane mode when it restarts) 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor