Original topic:

Samsung Tab S8+ S pen scribble/writing noise bugged

(Topic created: 11-28-2022 09:23 AM)
Razvi
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi everybody.

I recently got a Galaxy Tab S8+. After applying all the available updates the scribble/writing noise of the S Pen got bugged.  It only works in the Handwriting box (when you write in a box and the software converts it to text) or when S Pen to text is in use (only when in given text fields). None of the drawing or note-taking applications produces the sound, regardless of the settings.

Obviously I checked the tables is not in do not disturb mode, silence or vibration only. Additionally, I double-checked the S Pen sound is on.

I'd like to know how to diagnose the problem and, of course, fix it. 

Some specific details about my device:

• Google Play system update: July 1, 2022
  • Android security patch level: November 1, 2022
  • One UI version: 5.0
  • Model name: SM-X800

Everything is up to date according to my settings. 

5 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Try rebooting into recovery mode, clear the cache, and then run the repair apps option. Your phone will restart after. Test it out. LMK if this helps! GL!
0 Likes
Razvi
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Will that make me go through the set up process once again? It hurts only to think about it 

0 Likes
Solution
s1mplex
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This is a bug many others are having. Strangely enough, it happens only with the tablets. I'm pretty sure it's because of the latest updates, when I do 'uninstall updates' to Samsung Notes from settings the sound reappears. Nothing wrong with your tab buddy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the sound works when writing on a screenshot, so it's a problem within S Notes.

0 Likes
s1mplex
Constellation
Options
Tablets

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-notes/samsung-notes-4-4-01-2-releas...

If anyone is willing to try this version

0 Likes
Razvi
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I tried uninstalling the updates of Samsung Notes application (exclusively) as suggested by @s1mplex and can confirm that the sound of the pen is now back to normal. 

Just for the record, the problematic Samsung Notes version is (at least in my case):  4.4.00.64. After uninstalling the updates, it got downdated to 4.3.14.47.

The sound, however, does not work in PENUP nor Noteshelf, even though this bothers me in a lesser way since I dont use these apps that much.

Thank you. 

0 Likes