JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Spell check on blue tooth keyboard

(Topic created: 06-05-2024 12:57 PM)
Falcon15Seneca
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My Samsung S7 FE has spell check when I use the internal keyboard. However, I cannot get the bluetooth keyboard that came with my tablet to do spell check when I type. The blue tooth keyboard connects and will type, but no spell check is working with the blue tooth keyboard. How do I get that to work?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

I think, unless the keyboard itself has a spellcheck feature, it won't correct. I think it's built into the onscreen keyboards. Both Samsung keyboard and G-Board have onboard spell check and auto correct that you can enable in the settings.  While the BT keyboard will show in settings/general management/language and input when connected, clicking on it will not show you any options for spell check/autocorrect (at least not my BT keyboard). So, I guess you will just have to type carefully when using the BT keyboard.  

I did notice, however, with my keyboard if I select keep on screen keyboard open while using physical keyboard, the toolbar (at least in G-Board) will show suggested words, and I can click on the correct word and have it replaced/inserted.  I don't think you can do that without the physical onscreen keyboard showing and I make no claims for the Samsung keyboard.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

I think, unless the keyboard itself has a spellcheck feature, it won't correct. I think it's built into the onscreen keyboards. Both Samsung keyboard and G-Board have onboard spell check and auto correct that you can enable in the settings.  While the BT keyboard will show in settings/general management/language and input when connected, clicking on it will not show you any options for spell check/autocorrect (at least not my BT keyboard). So, I guess you will just have to type carefully when using the BT keyboard.  

I did notice, however, with my keyboard if I select keep on screen keyboard open while using physical keyboard, the toolbar (at least in G-Board) will show suggested words, and I can click on the correct word and have it replaced/inserted.  I don't think you can do that without the physical onscreen keyboard showing and I make no claims for the Samsung keyboard.