System update unsuccessful problem

(Topic created: 12-09-2022 10:33 PM)
Lotusmohsina
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello!

My Samsung tab4 has an android 4.4.4. 

When I  check updates for It's system It shows that there are updates and first two of them would prepare the device for the next update which is Android lollipop.

When I tap to download the updates it tries for a few minutes and then shows update unsuccessful. It always happens. 

What do I have to do for updating my device’s system?

3 Replies
Options
Tablets
I don't think there's anything you can do at this point after all these years. I doubt whether Android 5 Lollipop is still even available for download anymore. Not even Android 6 Marshmallow is available.
Android 4 Kitkat was the original Android version my Samsung Galaxy S5 was equipped with out of the box. The last Android version it was updated to was Android 6 Marshmallow.
And, the problem with Marshmallow was too much bloatware and increasing application sizes, which almost nearly consumed all the 16 Gigabytes of storage space on my Samsung Galaxy S5, even with the ability to extend app storage by moving them SD card storage. And, the problems with doing that is it not only seriously slowed down the initial auto-sync process, it also really increased the time it took to update applications as well. But, those apps were not completely moved to SD card storage, only a quarter or a third of those app files were moved onto the SD card, the saved data.
Solution
Dmoore39
Comet
Options
Tablets
It's no longer supported and those updates are no longer available but you can try updating through "smart switch" but you need a PC and cable to connect to your phone and PC to manually download updates instead of "OTA"s.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try using Smart Switch

Smart Switch for Windows https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin

Smart Switch for Mac  https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

Step 1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device, and then open Smart Switch on your computer.

Step 2. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to update

Step 3. Click Update and use the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files

Step 4. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your device

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor