JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S9 - No updates in 2024

(Topic created: 03-13-2024 10:54 PM)
VAHDYX
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I have the US Tab S9 XAR variant that hasn't received an update since the November 2023 security patch. 

I know Samsung tablets don't get monthly updates and quarterly updates instead, but in my case it's not even quarterly what's up with that?

I connected my tablet to my PC using Smart Switch and still no updates, and even reformatted my tablet thinking that there was some sort of software block. No luck obviously. 

I read that the plus and ultra variants got updates but the base S9 doesn't seem to be getting anything is that true?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
TheFerret
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My S9 Ultra is still on the Nov 2023 update. Samsung's security update policy for tablets is completely unacceptable. Add in the reasoning that an update should fall "within a quarter" you could very well end up with 2 updates per year. This needs to be monthly, just like they do for new phones. And how Apple and Google update just about all of their devices. Phones, tablets, smart TV, watches, etc.

There are way too many bad actors, threats, and known vulnerabilities to treat this as such a low priority. And every day, more bad unpatched stuff is discovered.

Samsung - Fix this. 

0 Likes
VAHDYX
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

100% agree with you. At the risk of sounding stupid for not reading the article; Samsung Issues Update Now Warning For Millions Of Galaxy Users (forbes.com) a two-day old article (yes I haven't read it I know), stating that there's an update that's 'critical' and of course I haven't seen it. 

Clearly whatever was the scare that had to be a critical update clearly wasn't critical enough lol

0 Likes