JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S9 & Tab S7. How do i tell which s-pen is mine?

(Topic created: a month ago)
friedvenom
Constellation
Options
Tablets

So for a week now I have noticed my s-pen doesn't connect and charge properly on the back of my tab s9, i gave a closer look and the pen looks worn out, but i don't even use my s-pen so much. This doesn't have a logo or a serial number and i remember mine clearly had it with Vietnam written on it.

Made me think if someone replaced it, only one guy in my class has a Samsung tab which is an S7.

How do i factually prove it that the one he is using is mine?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Guillen23
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Have you tried the feature that alerts you when you leave the S Pen behind? I don't know if it'll work or not since it has been disconnected for a while.
-Settings
-Advanced features
-More S Pen settings
-Warn if S Pen is left behind

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Tablets
I think when comparing the spens the one with Samsung written near the top is the newer one. This is based on comparisons I seen online
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Tablets
This is not a 100% guaranteed way to prove it but might worth to check.

If you never reset S pen (on your tablet), you can try using one of the "Air actions" (like press the button on spen and shake it). The Spen that came with the tablet should be able to do "Air actions" since it was first connected to your tablet.
0 Likes
friedvenom
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This seems like a good idea, i wish Samsung had some form of easy identifications for the s-pens, it is a little disappointing that 2 generations later, the s-pen is still so similar in looks.

Solution
Guillen23
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Have you tried the feature that alerts you when you leave the S Pen behind? I don't know if it'll work or not since it has been disconnected for a while.
-Settings
-Advanced features
-More S Pen settings
-Warn if S Pen is left behind

0 Likes
CTCT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

the S pens have a Mac address assigned to them I hope that helps

0 Likes