JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Two-Step Verification for Log In to Account on Tab S6

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 06:38 PM)
user7DF1wXNy7b
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Hi, there.  I'm trying to log in to my Samsung Account on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, however, after putting in my email addy and PW, it goes to Two-step Verification and asks me for a mobile phone number.  I have a WI-FI ONLY TABLET, no phone number or another device with a phone number.

I want to turn this two-step verification off (even though I have never turned it on to begin with). I'm wanting to use my Secure Folder, but if I can't log in to my account, I can't do that.  Any help would be appreciated, and thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Brocker_Tech
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Essentially, you cannot create/log into a Samsung account without a phone number or 2SV. Samsung does not allow users to turn off two step verification as it is there to help protect your Samsung account. I apologize for the frustration that it causes, especially when you need that account for a secure folder.

If this answered your question, please mark this as a solution to help others.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
Brocker_Tech
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Essentially, you cannot create/log into a Samsung account without a phone number or 2SV. Samsung does not allow users to turn off two step verification as it is there to help protect your Samsung account. I apologize for the frustration that it causes, especially when you need that account for a secure folder.

If this answered your question, please mark this as a solution to help others.

View solution in context

0 Likes
user7DF1wXNy7b
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

So essentially, what you're saying is that I'll never be able to use my Samsung Account because I don't have a phone number.  Great!  Samsung really needs to do something about that because it's just ridiculous.  Grrrrrrrr!!!

CASHVILLE615
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Download a 3rd party phone app. Get phone and text on tab 😁
0 Likes
Beautifulncurvy612
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
@7DF1wXNy7b
I so agree with you! I was just forced to change my phone number by some **bleep** at the store, come to find out I didn't have to, now to be locked out of my account and can't get my phone number back is BEYOND frustrating!!! For the first time in my life I am considering an iPhone and I've only EVER used Samsung products and I'm 52 so this has been a long relationship that is about to END!
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Tablets
There are many apps and sites that you can get a temp number from. TextNow I'd recommend. It's one of the actually free burner number apps and you keep the number as long as you send a text from it like once a week.

And not sure if you ever used Google voice but If so then you can use that since it is an actual phone and working number
0 Likes
user7DF1wXNy7b
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Thank you, StimmyPizza, will check those out.

0 Likes