Original topic:

battery will not charge beyond 61% - Samsung A7 lite

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
ssss1234
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I just opened the Samsung A7 lite 32gb and it will not charge beyond 61%.

Under battery setting nothing is on to optimize batteries. I tried changing the setting to ON to see if it would even charge up to 85% but nothing. 

Help?

2 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Sounds like a battery issue and would need to be tested at a service center to see what is causing the battery to not charge past 61% since they are no settings to block it from charging past that 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0003007

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

My tablet charged weirdly for about a week after the 6.1 update but has since figured itself out and keeps my Tab at 80%

What I did, though I don't know if it helped, was to clear the system cache and power off and on the tablet. 

I would either turn Battery Protection to OFF or as I did, turn it to ON and Maximum and then do the resets. 

To clear the cache, 

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

Use the power button to select

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode.        

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV