Original topic:

Are Samsung washers decent/good?

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 01:04 AM)
buccy
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Our washer, a Kenmore (Whirlpool) HE top load washer that we bought in late 2010 for about $430, has unending problems. We've tried replacing multiple parts and run basically every cycle possible, but it just would get stuck at one (not any particular) stage. So we just bought a Samsung top load HE washer to replace it. It's the Samsung wa45m7050aw/a4, $550. We haven't picked it up from Sears yet. However, I've heard that Samsung washers aren't as reliable as LG. What are your thoughts?

4 Replies
deshawnwatson13
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I don't use smart home washers. I use normal so I don't have an opinion on them
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers
We have a Samsung Washer/Dryer that we have owned for.... it's gotta be going on 20 years now. Haven't had a single problem with either. But appliances, like anything else can be hit or miss. All brands have their issues with certain models, etc.
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Washers and Dryers
There has been a lot of problems with appliances, look at the LG refrigerator with linear compressor, class action suit starting up, one guy in the suit has had his compressor replaced 5 times. There is no magic bullet here just figure on replacing after so many years, you may get a gem of one or a lemon.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
Megg123
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I would stay away from Samsung my washer and dryer are less than four years old and Iā€™ve had to replace the control panel on each already. Samsung is absolutely no help if itā€™s not within their 1 year limited warranty. And the parts are not cheap. Neither unit is stressed. I live alone, no pets and do laundry once a week. Itā€™s not improper use or over loading. Itā€™s poor control panel circuits 

0 Likes