Original topic:

Are Samsung washers decent/good?

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 01:04 AM)
buccy
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Our washer, a Kenmore (Whirlpool) HE top load washer that we bought in late 2010 for about $430, has unending problems. We've tried replacing multiple parts and run basically every cycle possible, but it just would get stuck at one (not any particular) stage. So we just bought a Samsung top load HE washer to replace it. It's the Samsung wa45m7050aw/a4, $550. We haven't picked it up from Sears yet. However, I've heard that Samsung washers aren't as reliable as LG. What are your thoughts?

4 Replies
deshawnwatson13
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I don't use smart home washers. I use normal so I don't have an opinion on them
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Washers and Dryers
We have a Samsung Washer/Dryer that we have owned for.... it's gotta be going on 20 years now. Haven't had a single problem with either. But appliances, like anything else can be hit or miss. All brands have their issues with certain models, etc.
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Washers and Dryers
There has been a lot of problems with appliances, look at the LG refrigerator with linear compressor, class action suit starting up, one guy in the suit has had his compressor replaced 5 times. There is no magic bullet here just figure on replacing after so many years, you may get a gem of one or a lemon.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
Megg123
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I would stay away from Samsung my washer and dryer are less than four years old and I’ve had to replace the control panel on each already. Samsung is absolutely no help if it’s not within their 1 year limited warranty. And the parts are not cheap. Neither unit is stressed. I live alone, no pets and do laundry once a week. It’s not improper use or over loading. It’s poor control panel circuits 

0 Likes