Original topic:

DV42H5200EF/A3 Dryer

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
DPedlar
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My used dryer turns on but is stuck on timer mode and won't run. I replaced fuse behind blower housing and the timer board with no change. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jjustink1984
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

It sounds like you've already tackled some of the common issues by replacing the fuse and the timer board. Since those replacements didn't resolve the problem, it might be worth checking the start switch or even the door switch, as these can also cause the dryer to not run despite appearing to be in timer mode.

Initially, I tried finding parts directly through Samsung's support page (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/), but unfortunately, they didn't have all the components I needed. That's why I had to resort to third-party sellers. FixPart has been a reliable resource for me. They offer a wide range of dryer parts that might just have what you need to get your dryer running smoothly again.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
jjustink1984
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

It sounds like you've already tackled some of the common issues by replacing the fuse and the timer board. Since those replacements didn't resolve the problem, it might be worth checking the start switch or even the door switch, as these can also cause the dryer to not run despite appearing to be in timer mode.

Initially, I tried finding parts directly through Samsung's support page (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/), but unfortunately, they didn't have all the components I needed. That's why I had to resort to third-party sellers. FixPart has been a reliable resource for me. They offer a wide range of dryer parts that might just have what you need to get your dryer running smoothly again.

DPedlar
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Mine is still stuck in timer mode. It will power on, show in timer mode and it will do nothing else. I have replaced the timer board, dryer motor, door switch, resistor, all wheels, moisture sensor, belt and the fuse behind the blower housing with no change. I put it diagnostic mode, see SC come up, press play and it goes to OT and still does nothing.

0 Likes