Original topic:

New washer old pedestal

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Lnarayan
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi, is the 2012-2015 27ā€ washer pedestal compatible with the new 27ā€ washers?

1 Reply
Debbiemw
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
I ordered a new Samsung washer from this site. I contacted them with the same question you asked. I had gone to Home Depot and Lowes to buy a replacement for my 2009 model on a 27" pedestal. Since I had checked the specs for both the old Samsung and the new washer, which also takes a 27" pedestal and knew they were only fractions of an inch difference.
Both of the stores above said their installers would only use a pedestal if it was bought at the same time as the dryer, no exceptions.
So, I contacted Samsung directly and checked to see if they could tell me if, in fact, I could use the old pedestal. After double checking, she said Samsung's install guys could do it.
Here's where it gets good. Not only will they use the old washer pedestal, but they are also paying me a $40 trade in on the old one. Both other places were going to charge me "$50 to remove it. The delivery is free and the install price is only $24.98. That's over $10 cheaper, too.
PSE also has a $75 rebate available for the model I bought.
I haven't had the installation yet, that's on the 10th of July.
I bought model number WF45T6000AW/A5 for $629 after 30% off sale price and trade in. I saved hundreds by buying direct from Samsung. Hope this helps.