Original topic:

Samsung Front Load Washer Stuck

(Topic created: Sunday)
texasfin
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello,

Yesterday my wife heard "something fall" in the laundry room. She checked it out and said everything was normal but smelt "smokey" scent in the room. She was running a full load in our Samsung front load washer (WF42H5000AW/A2-11). She stopped the cycle and unplugged. When I got home, I unloaded it, plugged it back in. No buttons would respond. Except the error button showed an odd code (pic 1). I contacted Samsung, who read code, kept telling me to unplug for 2 minutes, plug back in. Nothing. (Pic 2 & 3). 

Nothing I tried would restart the load.No combination of button-pushing, unplugging is helping. Some google searches make me think it is a circuit board. Perhaps the sound and smell of smoke indicates there's something else wrong that triggered it. How long or how much do I try to fix the issue before waving the white flag? 

Thanks,

texasfinPicture 1.jpgPicture 2.jpgPicture 3.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers
I would call support back and have a tech visit to diagnose the issue
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers
I would call support back and have a tech visit to diagnose the issue
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
In my personal experience, it cost almost as much to replace the motherboard as it does to buy a new washer.
0 Likes