Original topic:

Shuddering clanging washer

(Topic created: 01-19-2024 03:55 PM)
BlairF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Washer shakes, shudders, and clangs, even at spin cycle 2. During spin, I usually have to stand there & pause it to let the clothes flop down lest the machine yank itself loose from the water supply. I have had 3 visits from repair, 2 more confirmed appointments that didn't make it through the system, have had online chat walk me through steps, and followed every repair person's suggestions, including the mystifying "Use less detergent." I cannot seem to level up to reach a person with authority. My one year warranty runs out in a month; any suggestions? One repair person (who shall remain unidentified) said they get a lot of these complaints. Samsung's R&D engineering money would have been better spent making a stable washer rather than tricking it out with AI features telling you what's best. Any suggestions for getting through to a higher power than on-line repair requests?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey there! I certainly understand how frustrating that is and am happy to assist you! Typically, when a washer shakes violently like that it's either the washer itself isn't leveled properly, there's too much in the washer causing it to get unbalanced, or in some cases, for newly installed front load washers, they have shipping bolts in the back that must be removed at installation (this holds the drum in place while being shipped and if they aren't removed before using the washer, can severely damage it).  However, there could be something going on inside the build of the washer making it do this. We'd be delighted to check out what accommodations we have available to you 🙂 Please send me or any of the mods a private message with your washer's full model and serial number as well as a link to this post.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey there! I certainly understand how frustrating that is and am happy to assist you! Typically, when a washer shakes violently like that it's either the washer itself isn't leveled properly, there's too much in the washer causing it to get unbalanced, or in some cases, for newly installed front load washers, they have shipping bolts in the back that must be removed at installation (this holds the drum in place while being shipped and if they aren't removed before using the washer, can severely damage it).  However, there could be something going on inside the build of the washer making it do this. We'd be delighted to check out what accommodations we have available to you 🙂 Please send me or any of the mods a private message with your washer's full model and serial number as well as a link to this post.