Original topic:

Washer and Dryer have NEVER worked properly

(Topic created: 06-10-2024 01:37 PM)
Members_i2PxeHD
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Purchased a Samsung washer and dryer in 2020.  I loved all the other Samsung products we have, so I just assumed these would be at least acceptable.

My problem was not returning these things at the first sign of a problem.  For a few months they worked great.  But then we had to have technicians out to our house every few months to look at (and never really completely solve) the washer and dryer issues.

The washer will go off balance 90% of the time.  That in and of itself is not too big of a deal (see what I've become used to?).  What is a big deal is that if you don't catch it when it does, it will cycle again, refilling, emptying, spinning, going off balance...  which means if you put a load in before you go to bed, the washer will be running all night long.

I've replaced the springs multiple times.  Usually that gives me a 75% success rate on spins for about a month or two.  This last time, in the past month, I don't think we've had a single spin cycle go through that I did not have to babysit.

The dryer...  we've replaced the heating element 4 times.  All the thermostats.  And I even had to dismantle to control board and reassemble because the drum wouldn't stop spinning (and heating) even while the machine was completely off.

The technicians that were out her for the dryer did not believe that my roof vent was clean.  At the first sign of an issue with the dryer, I cleaned out the vent (which was dirty).  This was several years ago.  Since then, we've had our dryer serviced no less than 8 times.  It's gotten so bad, I just buy the parts now and do it myself.

I can not believe you are allowed to continue selling these products in any country around the world.  I'm not being sarcastic or cynical, or even exaggerating, this is criminal in my opinion.

0 Likes
2 Replies
E3141b
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers
Replace both with any make including Samsung, you may have bought a bad assembly line run when one or more parts were faulty from new. What you're explaining sounds dangerous. Not worth the risk.
0 Likes
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
We have replaced the springs 3 times now! You would think that a 2000.00 washer would be all the rave.one load take like 3 hrs honestly over the **bleep**, and can afford another one.
0 Likes