Original topic:

Water Hammer and 4e Error code on Samsung Clothes Washer

(Topic created: 02-02-2022 12:10 PM)
userqG08iseENS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Model WF42H5000A  

Started having severe water hammer issues.  Washer would still fill.   Bought and installed in line water hammer arrestors for both hot and cold.  Cold would not fill.  Took the cold arrestor out and the washer would fill and run but still had the hammer.  Then after a load or two .. the cold would not fill at all.  So.. after some research I figured it was the cold fill valves.  Replaced it.   No help.  Still have the water hammer without the arrestor and won't fill.   So, now it looks like I need to spend money on a service call. The manual says the 4E code could also relate to temperature and / or pressure.  My laundry room is very cold .. about 53 degrees F. And apparently it mixes hot and cold to obtain 59 degree water even for the rinse cycle?  What about water pressure?  It is winter here in Denver and perhaps there is a water pressure issue.  Have not check my water pressure.   Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
uservLvmylJIAC
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

The Samsung Washer 4E error code is a code that tells you there is a problem with the water inlet valve. The water inlet valve is there to regulate the amount of water that enters the washer. The valve must be between the water supply hose and the water pump to work properly. The 4E code indicates that there is no water coming into the washer. This makes it impossible for the washer to fill and wash your clothes. for more detail visit our website 

View solution in context

2 Replies
userqG08iseENS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hmmm..  NO Help.  This forum ineffective.

0 Likes
Solution
uservLvmylJIAC
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

The Samsung Washer 4E error code is a code that tells you there is a problem with the water inlet valve. The water inlet valve is there to regulate the amount of water that enters the washer. The valve must be between the water supply hose and the water pump to work properly. The 4E code indicates that there is no water coming into the washer. This makes it impossible for the washer to fill and wash your clothes. for more detail visit our website