JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ARC not working via Anynet, but Optical audio has issue too?

(Topic created: 10-16-2017 07:40 AM)
WhyBuy
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Using a hu6950 55 inch "Smart" TV, the setup is STB to Marantz receiver to TV. HDMI 4 is used for ouput via receiver with ARC turned on both TV and receiver. 

Tried to play video from apps (Netflix or Amazon video) and like many others posted on the net, The Anynet + CEC through ARC (HDMI4) could not have consistent handshake between receiver and TV. Gave up the ARC idea and hoping to get discrete channel audio via Optical audio, this does not work either.

Tried out many options, set audio to PCM, turned off Instant power on, TV factory reset, smart hub reset, audio reset, different HDMI ports, different HDMI cables, powering up sequence, manual switch to Audio out... etc. Not only is Anynet not working, I could not get Optical audio to turn on either (no light through the cable). Video quality is great, if only I enjoy silent videos.  The only available sound option is through TV speakers or through analog RCA output.

Tested out the Optical cable directly from STB to receiver and it is working fine. Is there a way to force this smart TV to be dumber so it could turn on optical audio output always?

Had a LG TV prior and never seemed to have issue this frustrating...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Have you tried switching out your cables?

0 Likes
userxHxQdsj5Zf
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have had similar issues with arc.  However, I cannot set the CEC Anynet to "always on."  Instead, I can either select off or auto.  Do others have an option for "always on?"  Why wouldn't my Q6FN have this option?  

0 Likes
Soulcommander
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

This solution is a bit confusing. Would be nice to see this re-wrote. the TV setting where Anynet is defaulted to automatic turn off, set it to ON always. HUH? My setting has automatic turn off or set it to ON always. Maybe your tv is different than mine or maybe you meant to say this differently...  The next sentence about android device same thing.... Not trying to be a grumpus here, but if anyone can understand this solution would you mind reposting it and explain it differently?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Soulcommander
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I read your solution and it is a little confusing how you wrote it. Any chance you could write the work around again, so that is more understandable. Maybe a 1. do this  2. do this  3.do this....... type fashion.

Thanks

0 Likes
userRWBenmxkv6
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Having the same issue.  Hello Samsung!!!!! I want my 3500.00 tv to work.  55” q series.  

userwwWhxfRuNk
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have the same issue. When calling for the reset what information do you need to give the the rep

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

For remote management or while seeking assistance here?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userwwWhxfRuNk
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Called Samsung and they reset the TV after some coaxing 

That fixed the issue except I need to start from scratch on programming.

looks like Samsung has an issue

userINUQPnaVyr
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I agree - 

This is my second television by them that has had this problem. The current television is only 1 year old as of 4/17/18. The previous television was only 2-3 years old. Samsung what is going on?

userlOXvAEMQkS
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I had the very same issue with my 40 inch Samsung model number UN40KU6290. My TV was working perfectly since purchased, utilizing the ARC setup with Samsung Soundbar model number HW-KM45C.  On the evening of May 3rd the ARC integration was lost. I got a new HDMI cable, reset the soundbar and did a series of things trying to get the ARC configuration to work with my TV. 

I called Samsung Support and after being on the phone with 2 different tech for 2 plus hours I was informed that due to upgrade that was applied to my TV on May 3rd it disrupted and remove the ARC functionality from my TV. I was then told it I would get that function back 3 months or so with the next update to correct the noted issue. 

I stated this is totally unacceptable, but the tech said there was nothing more that could be done even after he had me perform a factory reset on my set.  That procedure did not work at all, and I ended up reloading all my apps etc, etc.  Anyway, after doing some google searches I did come across something that appeared to have cured the issue.  The fix was to turn off the power strip to the TV and the sound bar for at least a minute or so. 

Once I turned the power strip back on, then turned on the TV the ARC functionality had restored itself and has been working great thus far prior to the incident. Not sure what happened but I wanted to share my findings as it may also help someone else.

0 Likes