Original topic:

Adding apps on TV

(Topic created: 07-03-2023 12:34 PM)
strafrag
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello. My Tv is UN55NU7300FXZA and I had wanted to add my Ring Doorbell App onto my TV but was told my Samsung Tech Support that my TV is from 2017 and there is only a Ring Doorbell App for 2019 models or newer. I must say that this is a very poor excuse from Samsung. Newer Apps should always be downloadable with a Samsung upgrade. I suppose they think I'm going to run out and spend a couple of thousand more, just so I can have a doorbell App on my TV? This is VERY poor of Samsung.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
St3v3C
Sun
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The problem resides in the tv's operating system. The newer ring door bell app was not written for the old OS...and Samsung is not going to write a new os for an older tv. This is a lather rinse repeat issue that's been going on for phone os's, computer os's etc. It is what it is.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
St3v3C
Sun
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The problem resides in the tv's operating system. The newer ring door bell app was not written for the old OS...and Samsung is not going to write a new os for an older tv. This is a lather rinse repeat issue that's been going on for phone os's, computer os's etc. It is what it is.