Original topic:

Amazon prime issue

(Topic created: 11-16-2019 09:02 PM)
userPOu7RDq2kR
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have read about the amazon prime app not working on smart tv’s and tried all suggestions with no success. Now getting error code1060...any help or new ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
tamanaco
Halo
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thanks for your reply Raymond, but I already tried most...  if not all... of the work arounds including reseting the TV. I believe the Amazom Prime freezing issue started with firmware 1315.4 and continues with 1351.3. All the other Apps work without freezing only the Amazon Prime experiences this issue.  I now just start other Apps like youtube and play a video, then I turn off the TV for about a minute and Amazon Prime works as advertized. This issue has been reported not only in this community, but also by Samsung QLED owners in several threads in the AVS Forum and AVForum. Just do a quick Google search on the issue.  I can get the app to work, but it's annoying having to jump hoops when I should only need to start the app and watch my videos.

user2RZ9n8gIWM
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Same problem here. If I reset the TV (hold power done until Samsung logo shows up) it will work once. I have deregister the device, logged out etc whit no lasting fix. THIS IS NOT AN AMAZON PROBLEM. Amazon Prime works fine on other devices, only fails on Samsung. I have had similar problems with AT&T Now, and Showtime in the past. It broke when Samesung last updated the SW on my TV, Please fix it.

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I understand that Amazon works fine on other devices, however, if you are able to download other apps on your Samsung TV but can't download one certain app I recommend reaching out to the developer.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I don't blame you for being annoyed. I use prime myself.

0 Likes
userXzfMoTxj5w
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Having the same promleb with my new 65" frame TV. Signed out and back in and all worked for a day. Tried Prime again this morning and nothing happens for a couple of minutes, then it pops up and works OK. Will try removing unwanted Apps, cleaning, re-installing etc. Its not acceptable that you spend over $1500 on a TV and the Apps don't work as they should. Shame on you Samsung.

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Regretfully, if this is the only app not working, you will need to reach out to the developers directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2RZ9n8gIWM
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Not accceptable. Why won't samsung let me download apps directly form the APP Store?

userhu4GwRnidf
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi 

I will join the party eather! What is going on with you, Samsung??? I have the same problems for months; I contacted your chat support, and like usual, you guys swiping the problem away.

I am extremely convinced that Samsung had a deal with Amazon to embed the app on your remote control and that we can't anymore delete that app since that is totally incorporated on the TV that is, by the way, your TV. Therefore, it should be your problem to resolve this with the developer and not the customer. 

Simple analogy when you buy a dell computer with an intel CPU well, Dell dont say to their consumer:  You have a problem with the CPU motherboard; ah, you need to call intel if related to a CPU problem. It doesn't work that way, and you know it. @USam 

So, The Samsung TV is a PC, and what is in it the Samsung TV should be responsible for it, especially that you cant delete the amazon app anymore, so it is your property. If not, please give me full access to the software to delete or add whatever I want. If not, you guys own it. 

In conclusion, stop pushing the problem away from all your customers. It is a bad habit at Samsung. 

Waiting for your reply @MsBri1 

usericpNsVWywh
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

My Prime app got frozen on the start screen too. I got this fixed by resetting the Smart Hub. At first I tried to reinstall the app (for some user, hold the select button and the drop down list will show up for the reinstall option), but it didn't resolve the issue. I tried to unplug and replug my TV. I also tried to reset my network... they didn't work either. And then I went into the Self Diagnosis in the Settings. I thought maybe doing the Smart Hub reset would help... voilà the reset let me sign in to my Prime account again and it worked like normal. I hope this could help some of you.

0 Likes
tamanaco
Halo
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

On my Samsung 2019 Q80R the Amazon Prime App  appears to be stuck at version 9.0.0 which was last updated on 12/21/18. Other apps, like Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+... etc, have received recent version updates. Amazon Prime is the only app which has some little annoying glitches like having to select the "Who's Watching?" icon twice to get going.  Have other folks with the same QLED TV received later versions of the Amazon Prime App? 

0 Likes