JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 04-16-2016 01:26 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

JUMP TO SOLUTION
536 Replies
userIiY62MKDZM
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello Samsung. It's time to wake up now 2019.

Your TV is still autodetecting .......losing tile, renaming inputs, changing video profiles.

PLEASE PROVIDE SOLUTION TO TURN OFF - HDMI AUTODETECT ** PLEASE

For God's sakes...

I just realized turning off Anynet+ HDMI CEC also deactive PurColour.

1. How do you expect the client to enjoy the TV without PurColour? Absolute Madness
2. PurColour is not tied to CEC specification the way ARC is?

userIiY62MKDZM
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey Samsung

I get it. Without autodetect, how will the TV know HDR video is playing... Yadayada... Right?

...Suggestion... Compromise....

Autodetect all you want but enable Movie mode when PC is detected. (Only standard and dynamic are available).

Never unpin a mounted HDMI tile under no circumstances.

How about it... You get to keep your auto technology and I'm happy.

0 Likes
userZqBUwHeLoL
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is the most frustrating TV I've ever dealt with. I have essentially the same problem as everyone else in this thread which Samsung is ignoring: I do not have control over the TV I bought. I can't manually select the input or control when game mode is on or off, making any game played on a PC impossible to see because the sh!tty Samsung video post-processing darkens the screen and smudges the computer rendered graphics. If I try to change inputs, or the name of an input, or even change the icon which is for unfathomable reasons actually tied to video modes - it automaticall switches back. Game mode is magically not an enabled option, ever.

I've had the tv for almost two years now and it is certainly the last Samsung display I buy and I'm only keeping it because I'm stuck with it because this is not considered a warranty issue by Samsung. The Sony in the bedroom has zero problems responding to commands and, if you can imagine such a thing, WORKS AS A DISPLAY! Amazing! Sony should license their ultra advanced techonology to Samsung.

UN65KS9000

Lesson: If you want to have control over your TV or use any video source other than their forced advertisement 'SmartHUB' BS - do not buy a Samsung.

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Slightly off topic I know, sorry, but having resolved the Auto Detect issue on my UK Samsung I now find myself with a 2 year old 4k pile of junk.  So many things are slowly failing.  When it reached the stage that I could only turn it on by switching it off at the wall then powering it back up again, and crossing my fingers to see if it would change channels I decided it was time it went to the great scrapyard in the sky.

it has been replaced by an equivalent TV of a different brand and I am happy once more.  No more Samsung TVs will live in my house, way too many "features" for my liking.

0 Likes
userAC7fedfe8r
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Try turning off Bluetooth on laptop. 

0 Likes
EvanTheTvWatche
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Agreed!!!
userGV9wUskhAq
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Why is this issue marked as "SOLVED"???

It's clearly NOT SOLVED....all of us are still having the same problem, even if the scenarios are a bit difference.

It sounds like a firmware update would be needed....sick of my TV switching over to my computer every time I turn the computer on 😠
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We will forward your suggestions accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user0Pic4DgzlX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I only today found this issue as well, when I turned on my PS3 to eject a dvd.  The wife was watching TV and it got switched to the PS3 being turned on.  The worse part is when I manually turned off the PS3, it doesn't automatically switch back to the only active input now HDMI 1 connected to the TV.  I must retrieve the remote and select the proper HDMI input for TV viewing.  Please Samsung this requires a firmware update. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We will forward your suggestion accordingly

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes