JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-18-2017 08:44 AM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

581 Replies
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Depends on the Extended Warrany's terms, I'd recommend speaking with them if that's something you would like to look into. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZWHmkxtYWN
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

resolved problem.  I unplugged the tv for 2 minutes and it worked afterwards.

One other question.  Does the tv have an internal antenna or do I have to buy an external one to pick up basic network channels 2,4,5,7etc?

Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I couldn't say for sure without a model code. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userx9293x9WJv
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello There! Samsung SmartTV UN55D6000SFXZA 

I was trying to download the Netflix app in my TV since I'm having problems with my Samsung Blu Ray connecting to the Internet. The App is not in the Hub. I then looked in the search bar for Netflix and it's not even there :o( 

Any chance you can help please... It's Labor Day weekend and it really screwd my party :o(((((

Have a Happy Summer :o)))

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Are you able to access Netflix through the browser by any chance?

user9XrZNGmPVZ
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I am also having trouble running Netflix and Amazon Prime.  I have already checked for a Samsung update to to avail. Every time I have to force stop the app and open it again.  It is a mystery to how long it will work before crashing.  Sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 1 day.  Very unhappy customer.  

0 Likes
userCcOSgDz9MC
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I seem to be yet another customer having this issue. Would love to work with someone from Samsung to resolve this. 

- My issue with Netflix happens ONLY on my Samsung Smart TV.

- My issue with the Samsung Smart TV ONLY happens with the Netflix app.
- Worked great for the first month or so (April/May 2017) but for the past couple of weeks it's been hell.
- I'm lucky if I can get a show to play for 10 minutes (or play at all) before I get the error message: 
"We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title"
- I tried logging out/in to Netflix. Sometimes works for a few minutes, most often not.
- I tries resetting Smart Hub. Sometimes works for a hour or so if lucky, most often not.

Talked to Samsung and Netflix support. Both say it's the other's fault.

If someone from Samsung can respond to this I'd be happy to provide model info and walk through troubleshooting steps. But I'm not hopeful.

0 Likes
userXy8EQvw1PV
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

55" UHD Curved TV (7500 I think)  was running Net Flix great in 4K. Suddenly, Net Flix stopped working with no errors - just a blank screen so I tried running set up again. Still didn't work so I unplugged the TV for 2 minutes then plugged it back in and Net Flix worked again.

Hope this helps!

Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Have you already tested a country code reset of the TV? Steps found here: http://bit.ly/2rDdPuX

0 Likes
userMjLha1LNdV
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Did not work!