JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
user8iiIW6HMsP
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Me too. No more Samsung products as they are not committed to supporting their products and they should have much higher quality control: unsatisfactory tvs, phones (note 7) and exploding top loading washers. Save yourself the time and grief and buy products from other companies.

0 Likes
userI46qrK03fD
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Just wanted to update - the new firmware update 1168 seems to have fixed my netflix issue.  Been working for 2 days now...of course I may have just cursed it.

0 Likes
userTTFESymeVw
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I called Netflix. They worked with me to try a few things (unplug TV, wait a few minutes, plug back in); Nothing helped. The wanted me to reset my UVerse router but I was in the middle of taping a show and did not want to interrupt that. Not sure if that is a real solution. I did go ahead and upgrade my TV to the latest software update. That did not help. In fact it introduced yet another problem. My sound periodically goes out and I have to turn the TV off and then on again

0 Likes
Civicops
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have a 55” 4K tv model UN55KS8000FXZA, Netflix app has slow connection. I have 100 mb internet service.Tested it through Netflix app and get 12 to 15 Mbps. If I use the Internet app on this tv the internet works great tested at 100mbps. Also have 2 other Samsung TVs and Netflix works fine and on my Xbox it works. Why does Netflix app have such slow connection.? Been this way for 2 years where’s the fix Samsung sounds like it needs new firmware. I have spent lots of money on Samsung products there about to lose a customer for life..........

0 Likes
FarmerBob
Halo
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Since seeing this I thought I'd check my UN55KS800DFXAZ.

The Netflix test was:

Server 2: N-W-25 was down

Netflix Spped Test: 30.72

Speed Test through on board browser to Comcast: 200Mbps (WiFi connected)

Oh and Netflix works just fine

0 Likes
zimou13
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

That is, why did the ATT (uverse) folk post so much about this and why changing the DNS fix it unless ATT was playing with the network? It's not like ATT competes with Samsung or Netflix? (oh yes they do!)
ShowBoxLucky Patcher Kodi

0 Likes
pitbullmom
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

So I've tried all the fixes. I can only connect tv to internet by using my Note 8 as a hot spot - it will not connect to my wireless router - altho it can see my wireless network. I can connect to Vudu, Netflix - but movies/shows won't load. Been going on for about 5 days now - mind you, everything was working before. I have recently switched my cable/internet (Mediacom) to 60 mbps - am thinking that is not enough to power this stuff? I really don't know what else to try, other than upping my internet speed?

0 Likes
userrnr9iyNOof
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I tried all of the above - still not working. This morning I disconnected the power cors and the ethernet cable from the TV and left it for 2 hours. Connected it up, switched on and it worked. Software version of netflix is now 3.10512

0 Likes
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Are the other applications on the unit working properly? 

0 Likes
usercShEBQecNY
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I think by doing a factory reset will solve the problem. The most common solution recommended by many, which has a dubious track record for working, is to change your DNS setting to “8.8.8.8”. So when you ask for help to fix the Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV, I am sure that you get the same DNS setting solution. 

Although there are various tips available on different platforms to fix Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV. But, users fail to fix Netflix problem by using those tips. 

0 Likes