JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New CU7000 TV, glitchy HDMI ports?

(Topic created: 01-08-2024 06:06 PM)
useraeePdSAmLj
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We keep seeing graphics glitches when using the HDMI ports with a computer or a Roku, for example. So, we unplug the device's HDMI cable and plug it back in to the HDMI port on the TV, the TV redetects the device, and the picture clears up. However, this has happened a few times now and I'm starting to wonder if there is an issue. The TV's software is up to date. Any suggestions for how to avoid this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Few things make sure any outsource is set to auto resolution output settings. Force feeding any unsupported format can cause this. Example set to 4k only and the movie is in 1080 or On PC force feeding 120hz or HDR VRR ect. Set Auto it will allow it to automatically adjust to best available. In the TV settings turn in and use HDMI input Plus for everything except for your PC . Also make sure your HDMI cables are fully capable with any resolution HDR format and hz you are attempting. I recommend dropping the steaming stick and using the built-in smart hub to get the best streaming experience. But if you want to use set Auto picture settings output also.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Few things make sure any outsource is set to auto resolution output settings. Force feeding any unsupported format can cause this. Example set to 4k only and the movie is in 1080 or On PC force feeding 120hz or HDR VRR ect. Set Auto it will allow it to automatically adjust to best available. In the TV settings turn in and use HDMI input Plus for everything except for your PC . Also make sure your HDMI cables are fully capable with any resolution HDR format and hz you are attempting. I recommend dropping the steaming stick and using the built-in smart hub to get the best streaming experience. But if you want to use set Auto picture settings output also.