Original topic:

Reboot Samsung S95B

(Topic created: 10-31-2023 12:59 AM)
merulon
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I have owned a Samsung S95B TV (firmware 1520) for about a year, and for about a week I have noticed an abnormal behavior using the Xbox Series X (HDMI 1) and PlayStation 5 (HDMI 2) consoles. Basically, from the TV off and turning on the Xbox, the TV sometimes does not turn on automatically as set by the anynet (both on the TV and on the console side), trying to turn it on manually I get the startup screen “OLED SECURED BY KNOX” (sometimes it turns on the TV correctly but the message appears). I tried to unplug the HDMI from the Xbox and do some tests with the PlayStation 5 attached, here the problem occurs less frequently but there too sometimes turning on the console the TV turns on but shows the restart screen. Apart from this problem, the TV works normally but this problem is very annoying.

Thank you all for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey, Merulon. Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention. There are a couple of reasons this could be happening to your TV. Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) cannot function under specific circumstances. (when the TV is scanning channels or performing Reset). So make sure both processes have finished before testing out this feature.  The feature might not work if the TV or the consoles have not been updated. Be sure to check the TV by going to Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update.

You can try toggling the Anynet + feature. To do this. Go to Menu > Settings > All Settings > Connection > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC. Be sure to check your Xbox S Series as well. I had a similar issue with my Xbox and was able to fix it by checking the Settings. Go to the Settings > General > TV & Display Options > Device Control. Click on HDMI-CEC and make sure you have all the boxes enabled. 

You may just need to reset your TV to the factory settings. 3rd party apps and minor issues could cause the Anynet feature not to work.  To reset your TV; With your TV turned on, press the Home button on your remote control to bring up Home screen and then select Menu >> Settings >> All Settings >> General & Privacy Reset >> Reset

If you have further questions, feel free to send one of the Moderators a private message to the link here: Send Message to Moderator.
You can also reach us on Facebook or X.
1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport 

2. X: bit.ly/2pTYDc7

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hey, Merulon. Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention. There are a couple of reasons this could be happening to your TV. Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) cannot function under specific circumstances. (when the TV is scanning channels or performing Reset). So make sure both processes have finished before testing out this feature.  The feature might not work if the TV or the consoles have not been updated. Be sure to check the TV by going to Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update.

You can try toggling the Anynet + feature. To do this. Go to Menu > Settings > All Settings > Connection > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC. Be sure to check your Xbox S Series as well. I had a similar issue with my Xbox and was able to fix it by checking the Settings. Go to the Settings > General > TV & Display Options > Device Control. Click on HDMI-CEC and make sure you have all the boxes enabled. 

You may just need to reset your TV to the factory settings. 3rd party apps and minor issues could cause the Anynet feature not to work.  To reset your TV; With your TV turned on, press the Home button on your remote control to bring up Home screen and then select Menu >> Settings >> All Settings >> General & Privacy Reset >> Reset

If you have further questions, feel free to send one of the Moderators a private message to the link here: Send Message to Moderator.
You can also reach us on Facebook or X.
1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport 

2. X: bit.ly/2pTYDc7