JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S90C game mode - screen goes black

(Topic created: 01-13-2024 05:05 AM)
Erik3
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When booting my ps5 today, the screen of the tv (55” S90C) went completely black, even the tv menus were black (audio still on though). By turning off tv for 10 seconds and starting again the tv menus are visible again but screen goes to black if trying to go to ps5 again. The weird thing is that I also tried unplugging all hdmi cables and forcing game mode to ON, then all menus went black as well. I tried forcing game mode to OFF and that solves the problem and I am able to use ps5, but I do not want to use ps5 without game mode since I lose features like vrr etc. I have also tried factory resetting tv but issue persist. Any ideas what the issue might be?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That is strange that Game mode is causing this issue. I would recommend first to make sure that the TV is up-to-date. If that doesn't help I would recommend trying a new HDMI cable that is rated at a higher speed than what you have currently. As this sometimes can cause issues. 

If none of this helps please call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and ask for our remote management ream for further support. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That is strange that Game mode is causing this issue. I would recommend first to make sure that the TV is up-to-date. If that doesn't help I would recommend trying a new HDMI cable that is rated at a higher speed than what you have currently. As this sometimes can cause issues. 

If none of this helps please call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and ask for our remote management ream for further support.