Original topic:

S95C PS5 Input issues

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 09:53 AM)
Force4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Ok I got the S95C 77" in November 2023. I have read different forums about S95C PS5 issues,only one so far has talked about the issue,and someone posted a "fix",but it wasn't really a fix. I have both the Xbox Series X and the PS5 hooked up to the tv. I am having no issues with the Xbox 4k,hdr,vrr,allm is working like it should on the Xbox. The PS5 however if I try to use 4k,HDR,ALLM,and,VRR like your supposed to be able to.The picture doesn't show up it just says HDMI no signal. In order for the picture to show up it has to be at 1440p or lower resolution,HDR is on,but not at 2160p,and gamemode/allm,and vrr have to be turned off. The "fix" mentioned above is to have the HDMI signal plus turned off,yes the picture shows up with it off,but it's limited. In order for 4K HDR to display the HDMI signal has to be turned on,but with it turned on the picture doesn't show up. I called both Samsung and PlayStation technical support both were no help. Some people blame the one connect box, I don't fully buy that's the issue.Only because my previous tv was the KS8000 which had a one connect and had no issues. I want to be able to use 4K with HDR,allm,and vrr displaying on the S95C like I should be able to. Yes I am using a HDMI 2.1 48 gigabits fiber optic cable.

2 Replies
MD5656
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good morning...We purchased the S95C 77" March 2024 and are having the exact same issue. We also purchased a HDMI 2.1 cable and tried it this morning. The issue persists with no change. For our system, the issue started after updating to the recent PS5 firmware update. Any feedback on this problem is appreciated.

0 Likes
Force4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I think part of the problem is how allm is handled on the PS5 vs the Series X. The Series X only enters game mode when you start a video game,whereas the PS5 is always in game mode unlesd you start up a DVD or Blu-ray.