Original topic:

TV Memory Low

(Topic created: 03-24-2021 07:07 PM)
BrentMR1995
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung tv model UN55MU6290 and I am no longer able to download new apps on the TV, it says the memory is full yet all of the memory is being taken up by apps that I cannot remove, how do I fix this problem? Thank you for any assistance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userxaoGDIRtM3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have a solution for everyone. I have the 55" and 65" model. Both have maxed out memory. I copy and pasted from another post I responded too with someone having the same issue.

You have to consider this model was produced in 2017. At that time streaming like we do wasn't what it is now. So the amount of memory needed wasn't what it is now. The good news is the TV is scalable so all you have to do is get a memory stick and the problem is solved. If that wasn't an available solution you'd have to get a new TV. I too have maxed out memory and just spoke to a customer service tech at Samsung and this is the permanent solution.
I found 2 16GB memory sticks for $9 at Walmart. It's no different than adding an SD card to expand a phone's available memory.

View solution in context

28 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Go to settings >  apps > System apps and that point, select apps and start clearing the cache from the apps.  This should free up space for you.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userPz0Pxxkkd4
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have this same model with 0% free

From the menu there is no "apps" option

From smart hub I can go into apps but there is no "system apps" option

Smart hub > apps > settings > I can see my 2 installed apps and the preloaded apps that I cannot remove. None of them have a clear cache option

userfI46K7k6ic
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please respond to the comments below. Several of us are experiencing the same problem with tv's that have zero free memory.

gregorywalker4
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same problem, different model (UN65NU7100) and there is no "clear cache" option. Only 9% of internal storage is available and I only have two (2) apps I can remove out of 17 total apps. There has to be a way to free-up more storage or add additional storage.

userfI46K7k6ic
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Exact same problem here.   Also have a UN55MU6290.  Memory is completely full.  This model doesn't have the ability to "clear cache" like some other models apparently do.

I just reset the smart hub and went through the process of signing back into my Samsung account.  Then, went to smart hub - and it's 747 MB full, with 9% available.  And I haven't installed ANYTHING yet.  Please respond Samsung.

userrwJ8trkHFG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Similar problem. Tried to update HBOMax. Said insufficient space so I deleted the initial install. After deletion, TV says zero memory available. How could there be no memory immediately after deleting the original version of HBO.

Moderator, your solution does not work on this TV, UN55MU6290. It's impossible to do what you suggest as there is no Settings/apps/system apps option.

Solution
userxaoGDIRtM3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have a solution for everyone. I have the 55" and 65" model. Both have maxed out memory. I copy and pasted from another post I responded too with someone having the same issue.

You have to consider this model was produced in 2017. At that time streaming like we do wasn't what it is now. So the amount of memory needed wasn't what it is now. The good news is the TV is scalable so all you have to do is get a memory stick and the problem is solved. If that wasn't an available solution you'd have to get a new TV. I too have maxed out memory and just spoke to a customer service tech at Samsung and this is the permanent solution.
I found 2 16GB memory sticks for $9 at Walmart. It's no different than adding an SD card to expand a phone's available memory.
userrwJ8trkHFG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

That worked! 

Thanks for taking the time to post the solution.

userLHVcjhMtUt
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is a workaround, but not a solution, if this is the suggestion by Samsung for the brand new TV I bought 3 days ago, back it goes.