JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trying to get headphones and sound bar to operate at the same time

(Topic created: 10-13-2023 10:49 PM)
Okta
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a brand new S90C 55” connected via HDMI eARC to a JBL 2.1 sound bar. My previous TV had a 3.5mm headphone jack, so my mother could listen with headphones while audio was also dispensed by the sound bar for me to hear at a lower volume.

The S90C does not have a headphone jack. Ok - so I can use Bluetooth headphones. But when I turn on the multi-output audio accessibility feature, it insists on doing Bluetooth headset and TV speakers - in other words, the sound bar is no longer active. So I can either stay single output (Bluetooth or sound bar) or dual output (Bluetooth and TV speakers). But not Bluetooth and sound bar.

Is there a workaround? Do I need to resort to an AV splitter to get this relatively simple setup to work?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! You should be able to do this by using the Multi-output audio function. To be able to get this set up go to Settings > General & Privacy > Accessibility > Multi-output audio and set up from there. If this does not help I would recommend calling directly at 

1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our remote management team. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! You should be able to do this by using the Multi-output audio function. To be able to get this set up go to Settings > General & Privacy > Accessibility > Multi-output audio and set up from there. If this does not help I would recommend calling directly at 

1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our remote management team.