JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wi-Fi connection issues with Samsung TV

(Topic created: 07-27-2023 11:34 AM)
angie221
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Get ready to be on the phone with Samsung every 3 months, whatever hardware component they use for their networking is absolutely garbage. The television will display that it is still connected to wifi but nothing will load. Each agent will just spend 10 minutes putting you on hold then 5 minutes trying to reset all of the network setting. I bought this television less than 2 years ago and its an absolute cheap  piece of 
DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG, QUALITY IS ! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Sorry to hear but hopefully I can help you. Few things to keep in mind Internet modem internet router and internet service are crucial these are typically the causes of problems believe it or not. what can happen to a TV if you're connected to Wi-Fi is the TV can seems connected but it's not able to verify your connection ID or the signal is dropping below one bar and you're not able to see this on your TV thus not allowing actual network use. This starts in your router. Here's what you need to do your TV has two connections 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 5 GHz will give you faster speeds but not as much distance and 2.4 will give you less speeds but much further distance you need to connect to the network that has the strongest connection. First thing you want to do is reboot your modem once it's fully booted up reboot your router go now ho into your router settings in your router settings you will see the ability to select a channel this is crucial depending on what device you use. But what you're looking for is Wi-Fi Channel analyzer select the network channels for both your 2.4 and 5 GHz that have the least interference typically on the 2.4 I leave that on Auto Select. and on the 5 GHz is where you really want to boil down the least interference as possible. Set your security to WPA2 you will see wpa3 this is newer however it's still susceptible to much more interference and your TV might not be capable of using it. Now that you're done with this qos is the next biggest help. Qos must be activated in your router you can also prioritize by device including your TV thus will help everything with your performance. Qos will prioritize streaming devices to make sure they get more of a solid connection especially when streaming. In this day of age you want to purchase the fastest speed available from your provider gig or faster is really where you want to be. The quality of your Wi-Fi router is crucial in this day. your Wi-Fi router can be the sole cause of all your problems with any connected devices I recommend the Netgear Rax E500 router and a very least a doses 3.1 modem with gig download and upload thus I realize it's going to be more expensive but I promise you it's worth every penny when you fix your network at home you will no longer have issues with anything. The other options you have is to hardwire your TV using ethernet you can buy 100 ft ethernet cables if you'd like and run it through however possible to not be visible to your TV or you can buy a mesh extender and actually hardwire your entire entertainment center to the back of your mesh extender thus really upping the equipment in your TV and allowing you to have a solid connection at all times as all your Wi-Fi will now run through your extender instead of your Wi-Fi card in your TV. I know it's frustrating and I know it seems like the TVs are always the problem I review technology for a living and I can tell you this through all honesty it is rarely the device in almost always the network it just needs to be figured out the good news for you is is there is still hope for you to have a good experience with your TV.

View solution in context

14 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Sorry to hear but hopefully I can help you. Few things to keep in mind Internet modem internet router and internet service are crucial these are typically the causes of problems believe it or not. what can happen to a TV if you're connected to Wi-Fi is the TV can seems connected but it's not able to verify your connection ID or the signal is dropping below one bar and you're not able to see this on your TV thus not allowing actual network use. This starts in your router. Here's what you need to do your TV has two connections 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 5 GHz will give you faster speeds but not as much distance and 2.4 will give you less speeds but much further distance you need to connect to the network that has the strongest connection. First thing you want to do is reboot your modem once it's fully booted up reboot your router go now ho into your router settings in your router settings you will see the ability to select a channel this is crucial depending on what device you use. But what you're looking for is Wi-Fi Channel analyzer select the network channels for both your 2.4 and 5 GHz that have the least interference typically on the 2.4 I leave that on Auto Select. and on the 5 GHz is where you really want to boil down the least interference as possible. Set your security to WPA2 you will see wpa3 this is newer however it's still susceptible to much more interference and your TV might not be capable of using it. Now that you're done with this qos is the next biggest help. Qos must be activated in your router you can also prioritize by device including your TV thus will help everything with your performance. Qos will prioritize streaming devices to make sure they get more of a solid connection especially when streaming. In this day of age you want to purchase the fastest speed available from your provider gig or faster is really where you want to be. The quality of your Wi-Fi router is crucial in this day. your Wi-Fi router can be the sole cause of all your problems with any connected devices I recommend the Netgear Rax E500 router and a very least a doses 3.1 modem with gig download and upload thus I realize it's going to be more expensive but I promise you it's worth every penny when you fix your network at home you will no longer have issues with anything. The other options you have is to hardwire your TV using ethernet you can buy 100 ft ethernet cables if you'd like and run it through however possible to not be visible to your TV or you can buy a mesh extender and actually hardwire your entire entertainment center to the back of your mesh extender thus really upping the equipment in your TV and allowing you to have a solid connection at all times as all your Wi-Fi will now run through your extender instead of your Wi-Fi card in your TV. I know it's frustrating and I know it seems like the TVs are always the problem I review technology for a living and I can tell you this through all honesty it is rarely the device in almost always the network it just needs to be figured out the good news for you is is there is still hope for you to have a good experience with your TV.
samhelp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

tv is on Wi-Fi but cant get on the internet unless i unplug it and turn it back on

so your saying my cu8000 tv says its connected to the Wi-Fi but its really not? then why does my tv finely get on the internet after i turn it on and off several times? My computer is in the same spot and never has any problem Wi-Fi OR internet. I don't see anywhere in the tv to set 2.4 or 5hrz. or anywhere to check the signal strength OR download speed. i have 100% signal strength with almost 200 download. this tv is the only thing that has a problem. why? i suspect the Samsung has a modem, never had a problem like this with my Sony on the exact same network.

thx

mike

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The reason why it works when you shut it off and turn it back on is your clearing out your router's priority so when you shut it off and you reconnect your router is prioritizing your TV what will happen is let's just say you don't use the TV or it sits idle it then will designate more of your bandwidth to another item if you use qos you can manually dictate what you want your router to prioritize like tv. On the tv You click menu go to settings go down to the third option that states connection then go to network click on network go to open network settings now click Wireless and it will give you a list of all your networks like shown with the signal strength here you can see Netgear 10 5G is 5 GHz 71 is 2.1 GHz so you will not see the 5 GHz if it is 2.5 based off of the photo. Now best case scenario would be to have full bars if it's anything less than missing one bar try not use that Network. Note you also have the quick toggle menu at the bottom of your screen that will show you the signal strength. As far as you being connected to Wi-Fi in but not having internet connection. This happens when the TV is theoretically still able to barely contact the router however it cannot carry bandwidth through the air due to so much interference. Every time you add another device to your Wi-Fi your router divides the signal one more time so if you have 100 speed and you have 10 items connected in theory it will give each item 10mbps to use but if something else is connected and the router decides that it needs more bandwidth it could drop your TV down to one 1mbps . You will notice there is so many different types of routers on the market some of them are really inexpensive and some are them are very expensive there is Big reasons why this is routers are equally as important as a PC is in your home in this day and age the router needs to be able to not only consistently feed internet to something it has to do it through the air through walls and it has to decide what is priority and what is not and as our routers get older they get less and less value to us in your PC it's typically going to carry a much larger Wi-Fi card depending on what tier of TV you purchased from Samsung Samsung has a wide variety of Teirs $1,000 and down would be their budget then all the way up to their 8K line would be their highest consumer lines the higher you go the better the product is the better the Wi-Fi is the better the picture is the more features it has so on and so forth. I think of it like a PC you can get a PC that looks exactly the same on the outside but one could be a 500 and not so great and another one could be 2k an amazing PC. no one would be able to know unless they used it. As externally it just looks like a PC so there's always that to take into account. That's why it's so hard to just blank it and say all Samsung TVs have horrible Wi-Fi. But an easy fix to this is plugging it directly into an extender or moving your router centrally located closer to your TV turn on qos and prioritize your TV to the highest priority. Also just wanted to let you know I'm really just trying to help no argue I'm not sure how it comes across through text but wanted to put that out there😊20230727_172413_1000012176_1690503854.jpg20230727_172252_1000012174_1690503773.jpg
0 Likes
samhelp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

wow than you so much, thats really helpful! i get it what you are saying now. It is interesting though that when i unhook wifi from ps5, macbook and iphone the tv still has the problem.the signal strength on the tv shows a full 3 bars, anyway...

i have another question about how samsung upscales, i hope thats alright.  apparently  some shows are broadcast in 480p (amc to name one) the tv upscaling cant handle dark scenes without horrible banding and waht i call artifacting. (its impossible to watch walking dead for example) but i notice it on nbc as well. its better on netflix that seems to send out a 1080 signal? are ther some setting adjustments on the samsung that can lessen this problem? 

thanks again for yor time

mike

angie221
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Your solution is to buy a $600 router which is hilarious, I already have dual-band split via Eero. But what you are trying to set up is networking priorities when in reality the firmware of the television should be able to handle different conditions. 
Otherwise, "running a 100ft" ethernet? Uh sure, but just for your information my router/modem already sits beneath my television. ðŸ˜‚ 

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I recommended a great router because it's important if you want to have a better smarthome experience. I didn't say that was the only way to fix it. For me A 600 dollar router is worth every penny if it will make all your devices work better. As long as you have good service from your provider. Also to have a router under your tv is one of the worst locations possible. Don't take my word for it you can Google it but I did attach some quick Google searches for you. And I assume you can understand you would only need a hundred foot eternet cable if your TV was far away from your tv. As a way to hardwire it Via ethernet. And was just an example there is all different lengths Since you figured out how close it was I assume you would understand a short one would do. And would also fix your problem. But hey you think it's funny so keep enjoying a TV that doesn't connect more power to you😉 I was just trying to help. Screenshot_20230727_221300_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230727_221347_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230727_221414_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
nick30425276
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a different model tv but it's a Samsung 70 in HDTV and this week it started the same issue of the wireless lan going down and my antenna port did as well within hours so mine is hardwired to one of my Netgear satellites. But yes those other people were telling you wrong it's the TV not your router I'm in IT and I do this for a living it's Samsung junk. For myself I'm going to go buy a onn brand 65 inch Roku TV for $300. Or parts and labor and repairs I will have over $300 to fix mine 

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I would be glad to help you with some settings I need to know exactly what TV you have
0 Likes
samhelp
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

jb

its a 2023 cu8000 50 in

thx, mike

0 Likes