JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 03-21-2020 01:00 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
user2X3Iu0olC5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have been reading these posts of light bleeding happening to hundreds and hundreds of this model of the un55js8500 and un65js8500 with the same response " send me a private message from your email and we will look into it " and I'm sure everyone gets the same answer as I did. We are sorry being your warranty has expired there is nothing that we can do about it! My question is that's it? What are we all supposed to do? Throw it in the garbage or wait for it to catch fire? I don't know if all the tv's out there are getting as hot as mine but let me tell you I can't even touch it without burning my hand!                                               Samsung it's time to take action! Thank you

user96EVb60eRX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am happy to say that Samsung took care of me.  My TV was 4-1/2 yrs old and I was able to get my money back ($1800) and buy a new TV.  I got a Samsung 65" QLED and paid the difference.  I have always had good luck with Samsung.  Hopefully this TV will last for years.

0 Likes
users7wtxUDegI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, This seems to be a fairly common complaint with Samsung TV's.   I have a UN65js8500 TV.  This is the most expensive and newest TV in my household and is very dissapointing to have such a flaw. I have light bleeding through the screen in two locations and it seems to be getting brighter around the edges. Is there anyone who has a solution to this problem or is it an issue with the SUHD TV's from Samsung. Any help would be appreciated.20200321_154053.jpg20200321_154056.jpg20200321_154211.jpg20200321_154215.jpgThis is the most expensive and newest TV in my household and is very dissapointing.  I have light bleeding through the screen in two locations and it seems to be getting brighter around the edges.   Is there anyone who has a solution to this problem or is it an issue with the SUHD TV's from Samsung.  Any help would be appreciated.

Samsung_btvZBCP
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Probably where you grabbed it and ruined it, should never put pressure on the screen, toss it and get a new and be more carefull this time, its probably aslo time for a Q series anyways, good luck, be well

users7wtxUDegI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

The TV is mounted and gets very little direct contact.   In this case, grabbing it and ruining it is not the cause of the problem.  For an expensive TV that is only a few years old, this should not be happening.  The problem has been gradually getting worse, starting on one side only, then appearing on the other side without being touched.  I would hope Samsung has better quality then reccomending throwing it out after a few years. 

Samsung_HeXCjDx
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

No that has never happened to me before

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello there,

Is the unit pulled into a surge protector? If so, try plugging the unit directly into a wall outlet.

Make sure that the unit is up to date.

Does this happen on all sources?

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test,

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

Have you tried to test with a different external device?

-The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable, too.

-If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If you are able to, Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and then follow the on-screen directions.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
UserIsDisgusted
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You are not alone and this is NOT through mis use. Mine started out the same way, bleeding left and right and now the entire top half of the screen is turning black. Yours will start doing the same. See my pic attached.

521E0513-2226-4D52-89B4-1842DBA838E5.jpeg

To the poster saying it was through handling and misuse, you are incorrect. Stop harassing people through your keyboard. 

This is due to an issue with these panels and Samsung not recognizing the problem and fixing it. 3k for a TV is not cheap, and you'd expect it to last more than 3 years before you can't use it. I've had Samsung's for 15 years and never had a problem, especially like this. Samsung should recall the panel and this unit and help those affected with this issue. New TV or equiliviant. 

userD9NsYwuYTg
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How was your issue solved ?   Mine does the same thing and Samsung tech tells me it is unrepairable. F31CCA85-3B9F-42CC-90DE-D7B2A2488E4B.jpeg

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello!

It looks like your TV is experiencing a hardware issue, possible screen issue. This is something that requires an in home service, which requires a technician to be sent your house. You need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. You will let them know the issues you are experiencing and they will be able to set you up with an appointment and have someone come and take a look at it, and ultimately, fix it for you. They will explain everything over the phone. If the television is out of warranty, you may be subject to a charge.

0 Likes