Original topic:

Paramount Plus not working on Samsung TV

(Topic created: 07-16-2021 10:14 AM)
Members_TiEezKo
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

HELPPP!! 

downloaded the Paramount Plus app on Samsung Tv it shows the movies and shows available in the app but it does not load when i want to watch something. the screen goes dark. 

any  solutions ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

All third party applications on the television are created and supported by their respective developers.

I would recommend contacting Paramount Plus support to let them know what model you have so that they can get a good assessment of the effected models.

Ultimately, Paramount Plus will need to resolve the issue. 

View solution in context

11 Replies
userc6jVkRo3GF
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same problem.  Samsung is treating it as an individual problem with my set and referred me to an expensive local repair shop; however, I confirmed with Paramount Plus support yesterday that they have a problem with their app on Samsung TV's.  They do not know when it will work again, and that they refuse to do anything about not providing the service I subscribed to (like extend the subscription date by the length of time I've been unable to use the service).

I've disputed the charges on my credit card for their not providing the service and advise people avoid signing up until they provide a working app and make users whole for the service they lost.  Until then I feel they cannot be trusted.

userz6JNHiOmbE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I am having the same issues.  I can see everything but when I choose something to watch it just continues loading u til the screen turns black.  I have been watching with no issues until one day ago when it stopped working.

Members_DyjMt6X
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

It works on everything except the Samsung 6 series.  We are able to use the Xfinity app version but the picture isn't as good.

0 Likes
userHfq9B7FfF6
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same.  No shows will load.  Just goes to black when you select one.

userTKhaBFHhIZ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same. Was working fine last week. Now nothing will load. Reset TV and removed and re-installed app. No luck. Other apps work just fine.

0 Likes
user8IoYtncSf2
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

same here, came looking for a solution other than resetting the TV which has been done multiple times. Deleted and reinstalled app a bunch of times too. Hopefully Samsung or Paramount actually listens to us and fixes this issue.

0 Likes
userjIMLXW88tE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We are having the same problem. Can see all the programs but when one is selected, the loading swirl shows up, and then the screen goes black with no response to the remote. Get the same result when trying to watch Live tv option.

Have gone through the following with no success:

- deleted the app, turned tv off, unplugged tv for approx. 30 secs, turned tv back on, reloaded app. No success.

- did the above and restarted router and cable modem. No success.

All other streaming apps are working fine.

Very disappointed in Samsung and it's support of their software and apps.

Maybe a Roku box may be the answer?

userC29TEjuPhR
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Same problem on UN65MU8000 but works fine on UN50NU6900.

Tried unplug, reset, delete/re-install, etc. No success.

Seems to be related to problems on specific Samsung models.

0 Likes
userlm5XWJUa02
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I'm having the same problem
0 Likes