Re: Two Samsung Smart TVs, two remotes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my tv 

It worked for me

userDgtwUjvoBh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem!  I have the Samsung Monitor/SMART TV and a regular Samsung 32" SMART TV.  Both Samsung remotes and the "DISH" Universal remote works on both TVs.  With the Monitor right in front of me, I placed a piece of Black Electrical tape over a little more than half of the front of the remote.  Now, I have to hold that remote real close to the Monitor to turn it on and off.  It doesn't affect the other TV so far as I can tell.  Worth a try!

usera81M6lQn99
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also used black electrical tape. But I heated an ice pick and used it to punch a hole in a 1 inch piece of tape. Placed the hole over the red light on the 51 inch set. Then on the 24 inch set, which has the receiver in a bump on the bottom, I covered the entire bump with the same tape except for a small hole at each end.

Requires more careful aiming of the remote, but they no longer pick up the bounced IR beam from all over the place.

EDIT: The ice pick hole proved to be too small. I had to replace it with a larger uncovered area around the light. You may need to experiment with it to get it right for your situation.

userw94UwO7Jnw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!!  I have a kids room separated down the middle and each has their own tv.  They were driving each other crazy turning the tvs on and off accidentally. The tape trick worked and was sooo much cheaper than buying harmony blaster things.  Appreciate it!

userBAHHf5g37e
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Tape trick worked! You will have to experiment with the placement of the tape and the size of the hole.

userctSNuQFIhc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem in my basement 

so what I’m gathering is just take tape and cover up a laser on the remote and cut a small hole in the tape??

thanks 

userKtjjgHXsUR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have a new Samsung QLED TV the remote is Bluetooth so I don't think tape will help, you don't have to point the remote anywhere.

I have a slightly different problem. I have one TV and two remotes that I would like to use at the same time. One for me and one for the Wife to save us tossing it back and forth. So far no luck with this. If I pair mine then her's stops working unless she pairs hers, then mine stops. O the problems of 21st living!

userIKSdV9mvcv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree that not being able to run one new QLED TV with either of 2 remotes is frustrating. We each have a remote to eliminate certain inconveniences in trying to share a single unit. Please establish a firmware upgrade to enable multiple remotes to be paired with 1 TV if clients wish to use that option.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your suggestion accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user84e517bQJk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

what is the solution please?

We just bought the frame as a second "tv" in the living room. When we turn on the TV ... the art mode stops and our painting becomes a TV!

Samsung I won't start with tape in 2019 on a brandnew smart remote.

Please provide a digital solution.

Thank you