Original topic:

A53 restart loop after OneUI 6.1 update

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
jnnash
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi

My partner had the 6.1 update last night and since installing it, his phone has been in a loop of 'phone starting', automatically shutting off, and then restarting.

I also have an A53 and my phone updated fine.

Starting his phone in safe mode, it doesn't seem to hit the restart loop.

Any tips on what the issue may be or how I could go about checking which app(s) may be causing issues?

11 Replies
jnnash
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Update:
Auto-restart bug seems to be triggered by something that only occurs when airplane mode is disabled.
Phone is now somewhat useable, though without network connection so he is currently unable to receive standard calls/texts.

First case:

1. Start phone in safe mode
  2. Wait to check for auto-restart bug (phone doesn't restart)
  3. Restart phone (standard restart) which causes the device to boot with airplane mode still enabled
  4. Wait to check for auto-restart bug (phone doesn't restart)
  5. Enable wi-fi
  6. Tried all apps, no issues (all apps updated to latest versions)
  7. Disable airplane mode
  8. Phone instantly auto-restarts (literally as soon as I tapped the button)

Second case (continuation from restart caused by disabling airplane mode):

1. Start phone (follow-on from step 8 above)
  2. Enable airplane mode
  3. Wait to check for auto-restart bug (phone does restart)
  4. Wait for phone to restart
  5. Airplane mode is still enabled from step 2
  6. Wait to check for auto-restart bug (phone doesn't restart)
  7. Enable wi-fi
  8. Tried all apps, no issues (all apps updated to latest versions)

Davyn
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm having the exact same issue. Does it freeze before ir restarts? Any solutions yet?

0 Likes
jnnash
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

No solutions, I'm afraid

His phone doesn't freeze at all, it just immediately goes black and then restarts.

I noticed that the animation for menu that shows when swipe down from the top of the screen was consistently laggy but other than that, the performance was as expected from a working phone.

I did clear the partition cache on his phone and it now seems to last much longer before restarting but it still does restart after a seemingly-random period.

We did take it to a Samsung store for a quick check over.
They put the phone into maintenance mode and it still restarted and they told us that this indicated it was an issue with the phone itself as opposed to an app.

None of that really helps, I know, but good to put as much info where Samsung might be able to see.

0 Likes
jnnash
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Update released today, phone is still resetting

0 Likes
swicy
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It happens with the A54 too, I've tried to do everything but it just keeps crashing

All this has happened since they upgraded to One UI 6.1, we can only wait for news from Samsung

Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My a54 has been rendered all but useless by that **bleep** 6.1 update. It seems to be linked to Airplane Mode, as my Airplane Mode button is greyed out, and the mobile network and settings cannot be accessed. On top of that, the battery drain is ridiculous, and the phone runs hot. Sammy really **bleep** the pooch on this one, and there's been nothing but crickets from them on this.

0 Likes
RockmanNeo
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Did he buy the phone new or used. I'm having the same issue too and I bought is used.

0 Likes
jnnash
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Bought new, had it for ~18 months

0 Likes
TheBrian
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have the A53 on One Ui 6.1, but mine has been resting since it might be a battery or motherboard issue.
0 Likes