JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Any alternative efficient keyboard for Samsung keyboard?

(Topic created: Saturday)
qwerty1
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Are there any safe and more battery and ram efficient keyboard alternatives for samsung keyboard?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm in search of as well. So far, Gboard seems to be the best with some weird flaws or inefficies, but the swipe and dictionary are far better than Samsung . I came from Dragon SWYPE old keyboard that was THE BEST it's not available anymore. I've tried just about all of them. FYI, I'm trying very hard to work with Google Gboard in fine tuning stuff .. I hope they listen šŸ‘‚

View solution in context

5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

To my knowledge, keyboards do not hog ram or affect battery life, but you might want to try Google's G-Board, or any of the multitude of others in the Play store.

Solution
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm in search of as well. So far, Gboard seems to be the best with some weird flaws or inefficies, but the swipe and dictionary are far better than Samsung . I came from Dragon SWYPE old keyboard that was THE BEST it's not available anymore. I've tried just about all of them. FYI, I'm trying very hard to work with Google Gboard in fine tuning stuff .. I hope they listen šŸ‘‚
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Though I don't know about the ram and battery drainage. I wouldn't even know how to measure that. Curious though, why is the smartphone digital keyboard battery/ram usage a concern? Especially when a keyboard is kinda essential unless using voice all the time. I'm just curious, no biggie
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I don't think it's even a factor.  This user is the only one I've ever seen query or complain about a keyboard and battery/ram usage.  For some people, it's an obsession -- they want to use electronics, but don't want the electronics to use any resources.

0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Lol
0 Likes