Original topic:

When trying to pair my phone to a Bluetooth speaker, permission requests are sent to wife phone?

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Tthames
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Anyone know why when I try to pair my new phone to a Bluetooth speaker it send a permission request to my wife's phone? The granted permission is a one time affair so I have to go through this every time I want to use the speaker. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It will send a pairing request to any phone with BT on, within range.  You can try to pair with your wife's phone out of range.  Strange you have to go through the pairing process every time, as once a device is paired, it usually stays paired.  If it's paired to more than one device, it will autoconnect to the last device it was used on. If your wife had granted permission, and the device shows up in her list of paired BT devices and she doesn't want it there, she can just unpair it.  If you paired it with your device as well, it should be in your list of devices.  In the case of being paired to multiple devices, you don't necessarily have to re-pair if it's not immediately connecting (see above), you just have to have your wife check if it paired with her device, and if it has, disconnect it/unpair it.  Then you go to your device list and click the speaker to connect it. If your wife unpairs it from her phone, you will not have that problem anymore, it will just automatically connect to your phone.

0 Likes