Original topic:

Can any folders on the internal phone storage be deleted

(Topic created: yesterday)
userFM6wlN7zjL
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a 32GB Storage Card in my Phone but the internal storage on the phone is always more than 90% full. My experience with computers tells me when storage gets this full performance can be affected. Are  there any Folders/Files that are likely on my Phone (Samsung A13).  

By the way, I already make sure my Photos are always stored on my storage card, so I assume the files filling up the Internal Storage are system files and maybe Temp files. I have searched some of the folders, but most seem to be empty. 

Along with my initial question; Can I delete the empty folders without affecting the phone?

Thanks --

4 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@userFM6wlN7zjL Deleting an empty folder isn't going to get you any room. 

Device care -> Storage will give you a breakdown of what is using the storage on your phone. 

0 Likes
JollyCello
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Going through each and every app on your device and clearing cache will give you more storage.  

Performing a wipe cache partition once a week will also help with ghost installation files that accumulate on your device. 

0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You need a higher storage capacity is the bottom line. Only certain things can be transferred to SD cards. Most phones start with a base storage of 128gb. Might want to look into getting a newer phone.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You have a phone with 32 gb memory. Your operating system takes up half of it, leaving not much room for very much else. This is a basic phone meant for basic use. If you have an SD card slot, I suggest you utilize it and direct all your photos, screenshots and music to it. Or upgrade your device. These days you need a minimum of 64 gb to be remotely functional, with 128 gb being better. As others have said, if you intend to keep this phone, keep up with the optimization and cache wiping.
0 Likes