JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can you flip the phone over for "do not disturb"?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userKtpWweZmYa
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Other phones I've seen turn on the Do Not Disturb feature when you flip them over.  I can't seem to get that to work on my A15.  Is the only way to active Do Not Disturb is to hit the pull down button?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userKtpWweZmYa
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you.  I found an app that does it.

View solution in context

10 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So far I've never heard of that feature

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Solution
userKtpWweZmYa
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you.  I found an app that does it.

GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

ok I don't think i would like that feature myself i would always forget and be activating DND

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@userKtpWweZmYa You can mute calls and alarms by putting your phone face down or covering it with your hand. You can enable it in phone settings -> Advanced features -> Motions and gestures -> Mute with gestures

It essentially does the same thing as DND. 

Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have been using both features for quite some time. Love the customization options on Samsung's devices. Thanks for sharing!!
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I actually have that feature activated, but the only time I put my phone face down is when I go to sleep, in which case bedtime mode/DND is on anyway.
userKtpWweZmYa
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@realaud Thanks!!  What option do you use to flip it over for Do Not Disturb?  All I could find is a flip over for ignoring a call.  Have a great day.

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't think it actually turns on do not disturb, just mutes the calls. Like I said, the only time I actually turn my phone over is when I'm sleeping (a holdover from when I used AOD) and the phone is already in sleep mode/DND.

It's not that inconvenient to turn on DND manually or you can create a routine for turning on DND automatically when certain conditions are met. Unfortunately, turning the phone over is not one of the options, although it should be.
userKtpWweZmYa
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Think I like the DND during the sleeping hours the best.  Half the time I forget to set DND anyway.