JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Delete vertical email lines

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
n0Kie
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Back and forth email showing many vertical lines on left side. How do I delete them?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The lines are there to distinguish between the original messages and the replies. Its always been that way in any mail app on any device I've ever used. It's annoying if there is a long back and forth email chain, but most of the time it's barely noticable since 90% of email exchanges are message/reply and maybe a follow up. The only way to eliminate the lines would be to not quote the original message in your response. Which, of course, would make it useless for documentation.

View solution in context

4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@n0Kie What email app are you using? 

0 Likes
n0Kie
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Age 76 user.. would that be Gmail..on Galaxy A52
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@n0Kie It looks like the Gmail app doesn't offer a way to change this behavior. 

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The lines are there to distinguish between the original messages and the replies. Its always been that way in any mail app on any device I've ever used. It's annoying if there is a long back and forth email chain, but most of the time it's barely noticable since 90% of email exchanges are message/reply and maybe a follow up. The only way to eliminate the lines would be to not quote the original message in your response. Which, of course, would make it useless for documentation.