Original topic:

Forgot Pattern Lock

(Topic created: Thursday)
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My son set up a pattern lock on his phone and forgot the pattern. His dad tried guessing while he was with him and has locked the phone up for 8 hours. I let it die, then charge it and turned it back on but there was no change. I can't use the Find My Device website because it won't let me sign in without texting a verification code, which I can't do because his phone is locked and doesn't currently have texting. I have tried to even just do a factory reset but nothing happens. I'm guessing this is also because the phone is locked up. Is there any way to get into this phone?

0 Likes
14 Replies
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Do you know the Google Account password that's on the locked phone?
0 Likes
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes I do.

0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Wait for it to die, plug it in. Then press and hold power and volume button at the same time until you get a menu. Use down volume key to move to wipe data/factory reset and confirm you want to do it. Then after it resets login by signing into the Google account on the phone.
0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Which phone is it?
0 Likes
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I believe it's a Galaxy A03s

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Pressing and holding the Power or Side key and the Volume down key at the same time for up to 60 seconds

To force reset a Samsung Galaxy A03 using recovery mode, you can try the following steps:

Turn off your phone and wait a few seconds

Press and hold the Volume

Down and Power buttons until you see the Android logo

Use the Volume buttons to navigate to Wipe data/factory reset and confirm with the Power button

Navigate to Yes and confirm with the Power button

Your device will now be reset

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Since the phone is locked and I can't actually turn it off, I'm assuming I'll have to wait until it dies to try this?

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You should still be able to force the power off by long pressing those buttons just keep holding them and it will shut down

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It does restart but just takes me back to the same locked screen when it comes back on.

0 Likes