Original topic:

Forgot Pattern Lock

(Topic created: Thursday)
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My son set up a pattern lock on his phone and forgot the pattern. His dad tried guessing while he was with him and has locked the phone up for 8 hours. I let it die, then charge it and turned it back on but there was no change. I can't use the Find My Device website because it won't let me sign in without texting a verification code, which I can't do because his phone is locked and doesn't currently have texting. I have tried to even just do a factory reset but nothing happens. I'm guessing this is also because the phone is locked up. Is there any way to get into this phone?

0 Likes
14 Replies
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Can't you just reset the phone from the Samsung find website if you know the Samsung account.

https://samsungfind.samsung.com/
0 Likes
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I tried that. It has 2fa setup so I can't get into the account.

0 Likes
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It actually reset the locked timer when it came back on. If I wait out the 8 hours is there an option to bypass the pattern lock with his Samsung account in settings?

0 Likes
rpappu
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Takeout SIM card from problematic phone install in another phone. Then you get texts and calls.

Try Google Find Device if enabled.
0 Likes
SafeHaven04
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

His phone doesn't currently have texting but I think we're going to put time on it today just to fix this issue. Smh. Thank you.

0 Likes