JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A54 charger port started smoking.

(Topic created: 11-10-2023 06:20 PM)
Samsung_T92xsWB
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a few week old Galaxy A54 and today when I plugged the charger cable in, it started to smoke and nearly melted the cable in a matter of seconds.  I tried another cable - same result.  I immediately turned the phone off and contacted support on Twitter, but they are trying to convince me that *I* caused the problem by not using "an official Samsung charger". 

I have the same charger set up that I've used my my A20 and S10 in the past.  Hasn't changed in years.  This phone problem is dangerous - it gets hot enough to catch on fire in a matter of a few seconds.  I'm actually worried about it burning down my house.

How do I get Samsung to legitimately deal with this problem.  Obviously, I can't call them since I don't dare turn the phone back on, and I can be without a phone for days, much less week if I have to send it to them.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, There. I'm so sorry to hear about this situation. We agree with the other members here, please make sure to discontinue the use of the device until a proper evaluation can be performed.  Please note, that certain issues do require direct assistance from Samsung as the Samsung community is peer-to-peer support. I see we have a callback set up for you with our specialized team to discuss this further.

They normally reach out within 24-48  hrs. from the creation of the ticket.  However, if you'd like to speak with them sooner, as @JaydaGirlz stated, please call 1-800-726-7864 for quick assistance in this matter! 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Matthew904
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have someone try for you on they're samsung. Also don't use, contact Smaung asap
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
As owner of this website explains the issue in detail
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
@Samsung_T92xsWB I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Samsung Galaxy A54 5G phone.

Here are a few suggestions on how you can get Support for your Samsung Galaxy A54 5G

***USE ANOTHER PHONE OR DEVICE TO DO SO***

The Samsung Galaxy A54 5G Support Website is:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/mobile/phones/galaxy-a/galaxy-a54-5g/

The Samsung Customer Support Phone Number is:

1-800-SAMSUNG
8 AM - 12 AM EST 7 days a week

It highly suggested that you Contact Samsung Customer Support!

It is not advisable to use your phone based on the information that you have provided.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's App! Thank you!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, There. I'm so sorry to hear about this situation. We agree with the other members here, please make sure to discontinue the use of the device until a proper evaluation can be performed.  Please note, that certain issues do require direct assistance from Samsung as the Samsung community is peer-to-peer support. I see we have a callback set up for you with our specialized team to discuss this further.

They normally reach out within 24-48  hrs. from the creation of the ticket.  However, if you'd like to speak with them sooner, as @JaydaGirlz stated, please call 1-800-726-7864 for quick assistance in this matter!