JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A55 5G Fingerprint Sensor Issues

(Topic created: 06-01-2024 02:38 AM)
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I received a brand new Samsung Galaxy A55 5G about a week ago. It's a decent device, but unfortunately I have encountered a strange issue with the fingerprint sensor whereby it simply doesn't recognise any fingerprints. This is intermittent, sometimes it's working, sometimes not.

To give a little insight, this ain't my first rodeo. I've owned a plethora of Galaxy devices with in-screen fingerprint sensors and never had the same issue. Of course I've tried the usual, deleting and re-registering the fingerprints, even performing a full factory reset, but the issue remains. There is no screen protector fitted, hands are clean, screen is clean. Interestingly, a restart usually fixes the issue for a short while, but then after a time the issue returns. I did find an article somewhere that said resetting the accessibility settings would resolve the issue, but alas this is not the case.

It does seem like a software issue. Has anyone else encountered the same issue and, if so, do you have any advice?

44 Replies
RobieFB
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Experiencing same issue...

0 Likes
luka70
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have big problems with the fingerprint reader. The phone was bought new in an authorized store here in the Czech Republic seven days ago. So full EU and never opened. From the first second, the fingerprint reader gives me a problem. It works for a few hours and then suddenly stops. Sometimes it stops very quickly after 3-4 unlocks and sometimes after several hours. Then during the day or in the evening it magically activates again and does a couple of unlocks and that's it. God's horror. So it's irritating that I can't describe it to you. I tried literally everything. I re-registered all fingers at least 50 times, everything is clean, new... etc. It seems that the problem is of a software nature, but so pronounced that it is terrible. Have any of you had a similar experience? My phone doesn't come back just like that, I installed everything, the bank, and all the applications, and now it's all over again...death... Otherwise, everything else works perfectly. At one point it worked when I pressed the top of the circle that lights up, but I erased those prints and started again thinking that I had found a solution (to press the top of the circle) and from then on everything was as it was. It seems as if the sensor has been moved from the illuminated circle itself. Otherwise, I barely register prints. The first one is okay, the second one is a little more difficult, and lately I can't do the third one at all, no matter which finger I use. It's as if the memory is overflowing, then it scans slowly and suddenly kicks me out.

0 Likes
WelshMaiden56
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same with me. Samsung need to fix this issue ASAP 

0 Likes
Muqbool
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Day 3 of this amazing phone... but had to re-register fingerprints every day!

Muqbool Khan
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html 

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes