Original topic:

Galaxy A55 5G Fingerprint Sensor Issues

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 02:08 AM)
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I received a brand new Samsung Galaxy A55 5G about a week ago. It's a decent device, but unfortunately I have encountered a strange issue with the fingerprint sensor whereby it simply doesn't recognise any fingerprints. This is intermittent, sometimes it's working, sometimes not.

To give a little insight, this ain't my first rodeo. I've owned a plethora of Galaxy devices with in-screen fingerprint sensors and never had the same issue. Of course I've tried the usual, deleting and re-registering the fingerprints, even performing a full factory reset, but the issue remains. There is no screen protector fitted, hands are clean, screen is clean. Interestingly, a restart usually fixes the issue for a short while, but then after a time the issue returns. I did find an article somewhere that said resetting the accessibility settings would resolve the issue, but alas this is not the case.

It does seem like a software issue. Has anyone else encountered the same issue and, if so, do you have any advice?

Tee_
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same with my A55 device... it's been so frustrating setting up the phone without fingerprints working... I have to keep using my old phone

0 Likes
Shiva Shankar
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yesterday I bought Galaxy A55, facing finger issue, this is hectic which cant even imagine in Samsung.

Austin123
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have same issues with Fingerprint sensor.  What's the solution??

0 Likes
Austin123
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Did you contact customer care? 

0 Likes
Artur_D
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

- fingerprint sensor issue
Hej all,
I got the same issue with my brand new A55 - when I tried to register my fingerprint the first time, it went alright, but the longer I used the phone, it got more bad. When the phone could not recognize any fingerprint anylonger, I deleted the saved ones and registered the fingerprints again. Or shall we say I tried to - either it did not started the process at all because it said "I did not put my finger in the centre of the circle" and then cancelled the process or it started the fingerprint registration process but cancelled at 20% because of the same reason.
I claimed my phone as not OK, I will get a replacement tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better, and yes, let's hope it's a software issue which can be fixed with the next update.
Artur

0 Likes
Aslihimanshusharma
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same issue I'm facing, fingerprint sensor does not work properly. due to this it feela like I'm using a cheap device. even cheap device has faster sensor. 

0 Likes
icy84
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Am having the same issue , even registered 3 times with the same finger , still does not help, have a success rate of +- 5% of getting validated, 95 failrate at this moment. Hoping on a solution šŸ˜”

0 Likes
bubba_169
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same issue, very sporadic but only about 20% success rate with any finger. Seems like when it works it'll work for a short while but when it doesn't it'll just reject everything. Want to avoid returning it if possible because I've just shifted all of my accounts over from my old phone šŸ˜•.

Does anyone from Samsung look at these threads?

0 Likes
bubba_169
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I think I have just found a solution! The reader seems to misbehave with the pad of my thumb if coming from the side. I registered both thumbs making best effort to use the tip instead of the pad and now it seems more reliable when unlocking with the tip from any angle šŸ¤ž

icy84
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I was pretty sceptic about this , but this actually worked šŸ˜…, even with glass screen protector now its working 90% of the time , amazing hack šŸ˜‰

0 Likes