Original topic:

General question on Galaxy phones

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
NickSteel
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I currently use a Moto G7 Android 11 phone and am interested in purchasing a used Galaxy, mainly for the multiple Android updates.

Any specific model recommendations would be most appreciated.

0 Likes
7 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@NickSteel There are several great phones offered by Samsung. You can see which ones are currently available on https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/ 

It is hard to recommend a specific model without understanding what features are critical for you and your budget. 

0 Likes
NickSteel
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I use for phone, internet searches and general camera.  Retired and not a heavy user.  Seeking for about $200.

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Most samsung phones starting with the S22 series have a 5 year/4 OS version updates guarantee from time of launch. Current gen samsung flagships have a 7 year/6 OS update guarantee, and most of their budget "A" lineup has a 5 year/4 OS update guarantee. When you'll get those updates is not entirely certain though, as samsung has to do it's work on top of the release and as we have seen with OneUI7/Android 15, unexpected delays can happen.

Regardless, if you buy a samsung phone made in the last year or two, you've most likely got a phone with several years of OS updates in it.
MizMo
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I highly recommend the Samusung Galaxy A Series especially the A15 if you are looking for more bang for your buck around $200 !
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Whichever you decide, you should wait another month and see what deals there are for black Friday/cyber-Monday.  If you go with the A15 at your $200 budget, you could buy new and not have the headache of whatever the previous owner did.  If there is a good discount on the sales, you might even be able to go up a model to the A25.  Your current phone may even be eligible for trade in.  The A series are solid phones, but they do lack the bells and whistles of the S series, but since you are a basic user, the As are fine.

0 Likes
ohio_mike
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Happy with my s21+ from amazon
0 Likes
cleryantell
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Nice