Original topic:

Google Play System won't update

(Topic created: Friday)
fleapower
Constellation
Options

My phone still won't update the Google Play System (Settings->Security&Privacy).  I'm getting the error telling me that updates aren't available right now and to try again later.  I know there have been issues with it since the beginning of the year, but it seems most folks are receiving the updates.  I've gone through all the self-help web sites (date/time, making sure the phone has room in the storage, clearing Google Play/Services cache and storage, safe mode, different network, resetting the network...).  Are folks still experiencing this or am I on an island?  If the latter, does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

5 Replies
Cheiapetsteve
Asteroid
Options
I have an S9 and have not been able to update this since 2022. The store here just said they didn't know why, so I just use this one for games and had to buy a new one S20. Dosen't make sense!!!
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Once I un-installed the updates for the playstore and then it updated successfully on another phone by another manufacturer. You may could try that. That's what I would do.
0 Likes
fleapower
Constellation
Options

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried uninstalling Google Play Store and Google Play Services updates.  No luck.

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Are your apps updated to the latest versions? And what about under general the preferred methods for updating are they all set to update over data and wifi, and not wifi only or ask each time?
0 Likes
fleapower
Constellation
Options

They are.  I've tried uninstalling anything to do with Play Store or Services and reinstalling, and tried updating over WI-Fi and 5G.  Thanks.

0 Likes