Original topic:

Gps not working

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
cerasinns
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I just got this phone a couple weeks ago and the gps has not worked a single day. I've tried all the trouble shooting tips, and I cannot seem to resolve the issue. It's not working across any of the apps. It's a galaxy a14
4 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried running a location in diagnostics in the members app? It may be a carrier issue.. GPS-based location services rely on a network of satellites to provide your "precise" location information.
IP geolocation is the IP address assigned to your device. It maps your device's IP address to your location using your phone's data sources and databases. Call your carrier and ask for a network sim refresh. You can also go to "about phone" and check your sim card status and IMS registration. Carriers make mistakes, especially if the MCC, MNC, or any other APN settings are inaccurately typed in.
0 Likes
cerasinns
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes, and it says everything is functioning normally, data, gps, mobile network, sensors, all of it comes back "normal" but it is not functioning.
I also did all that a few days after I got the phone, thinking a new sim and refresh would fix the issue. It did not.
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's an issue with the phone's hardware, probably. Where did you buy the phone? Galaxy mobile devices have a GPS antenna that monitors real-time location information. Your software is functioning, so it must be the hardware that's causing the issue.
0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried Google Maps? Type "Location Accuracy " in the search bar. Look for the blue dot. Is the blue dot on your current location? If no, then try to calibrate your location in Google Maps, find your location, tap, and move the blue dot to your location and and select Calibrate or use the Compass, and spin your phone in a Figure eight. If you tried everything, then you probably have a weak GPS signal due to damage or a defect on the phone.
Have you checked Extend unlock on your device? Diagnostic test on your phone's sensors, too.
0 Likes