JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GPS location very unstable

(Topic created: 05-28-2024 01:28 PM)
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got my S24 Ultra and started to use. The GPS is very important to us as we travel and hike very often. Also, we take many photos and geotag them so we can see where we've been. First thing I notice is that my location is jumping around in Google Maps! My location isn't even close to my home, and it looks like I'm in other people's yards and bouncing all over the place. The precise location NEVER locks! This also initially happened with my galaxy S22U, but was eventually fixed.

I used the GPSTest utility to look at the gps data and the satellite acquisition is poor. Most of the L5 satellites are missing and Beidou satellites are far and few between. The gps accuracy and speed are jumping all over the place. My S22U accuracy was fixed at 8.4ft and speed close to zero, since not moving. My S24U accuracy is bouncing all over but typically around 33ft, and my speed can reach 10mph! This is completely frustrating. Anyone else having this issue, or did I get a bad phone? Zoom in down to the outline of your home to see this problem on Google Maps. 
By the way, I tested the the gps location accuracy using the Samsung phone diagnostics and it said "normal". Normal compared to what? Samsung, I hope you're seeing this, and please fix asap. I will be returning this phone if this basic necessity can't be fixed, unfortunately.😞
203 Replies
grasia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Necesito ayuda para restablecer mis aplicaciones
0 Likes
micheclb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It just works horribly, and now i see that more people are sharing the same issue. 

So far, the Samsung Customer Service was not able to help me, as also it does not pop up as a gps issue in the diagnostic application of the phone...

0 Likes
cerasinns
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just got this phone a couple weeks ago and the gps has not worked a single day. I've tried all the trouble shooting tips, and I cannot seem to resolve the issue. It's not working across any of the apps. It's a galaxy a14
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried running a location in diagnostics in the members app? It may be a carrier issue.. GPS-based location services rely on a network of satellites to provide your "precise" location information.
IP geolocation is the IP address assigned to your device. It maps your device's IP address to your location using your phone's data sources and databases. Call your carrier and ask for a network sim refresh. You can also go to "about phone" and check your sim card status and IMS registration. Carriers make mistakes, especially if the MCC, MNC, or any other APN settings are inaccurately typed in.
0 Likes
cerasinns
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, and it says everything is functioning normally, data, gps, mobile network, sensors, all of it comes back "normal" but it is not functioning.
I also did all that a few days after I got the phone, thinking a new sim and refresh would fix the issue. It did not.
Options
Galaxy S24
It's an issue with the phone's hardware, probably. Where did you buy the phone? Galaxy mobile devices have a GPS antenna that monitors real-time location information. Your software is functioning, so it must be the hardware that's causing the issue.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried Google Maps? Type "Location Accuracy " in the search bar. Look for the blue dot. Is the blue dot on your current location? If no, then try to calibrate your location in Google Maps, find your location, tap, and move the blue dot to your location and and select Calibrate or use the Compass, and spin your phone in a Figure eight. If you tried everything, then you probably have a weak GPS signal due to damage or a defect on the phone.
Have you checked Extend unlock on your device? Diagnostic test on your phone's sensors, too.
0 Likes
pst400
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same exact issue. I drive for lyft and can't work because gps never works
0 Likes
mrtnzagustin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have installed the latest august update, and tested the phone on a 6 hour trip. So far it is working fine, anyone here that have installed it and tested ?

0 Likes
shadowyo3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the patch from 1 August, worked fine just after the installation, but then when i used it again a coupled of days later, was the same issue. I notice that it works fine with another app like Waze, but Google Maps, doesn't.

0 Likes