JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Have to restart my Galaxy A71 5G to get it to charge

(Topic created: 01-11-2023 01:24 PM)
Members_I3KHls1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Any suggestions on fixing the problem of having to restart my Galaxy A71 5G to get it to charge?  This is a problem that started about 1 month ago.  It charges just fine after restarting, but this is a problem I shouldn't be having.  I have owned nothing but Samsung phones for the last 10 or more years and never had a problem.  It's just becoming a pain in the butt to have to do this every time it needs charging!

12 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand how frustrating this situation must be and I will be more than happy to assist. 

When your phone battery is running low and it will not charge, there are a couple of things that could be causing the problem. 

First, verify that the device, charger and USB cable have no physical damage or liquid damage. Check the USB connections for corrosion and bent pins. Ensure that the USB cable is secured firmly in the charging port with very little mobility. 

Next, Soft Reboot the device. Remove the device battery for 30 seconds, and then replace the battery. Skip this step if you have a non-removable battery. 

Next, charge your device with a Samsung travel charger for at least one hour. The battery charging indicator may take up to ten minutes to display. Disconnect the device from the charger and attempt to power the device on by holding the power key for 15-20 seconds. 

If possible test the device with a different charger. 

If you are still not able to charge your phone please visit a Samsung Walk-In service center or you can schedule a repair online https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/.

Lance55
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I had my charging port changed, that fixed it. I was also charging too often. Now I only charge when phone is very low.
0 Likes
Cailin
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Update: I soft reset it and that seemed to fix the issue..for about 3 days. So I soft reset it again and it hasn't done it since. That's been 3 months ago or so... It's something for you to think about. Good luck!