Original topic:

How to find apps that are used for tracking from another phone

(Topic created: 09-06-2024 09:39 PM)
mgwilhelm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My ex knows exactly what I talk about everything I message and so on. So to my understanding he has put an app to do so. How do I find it and delete it. My phone is a galaxy ao3
6 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just my thoughts but could be a tracker or a app like you said if your apps show anything suspicious or something you didn't add that could be it if you use or have Bluetooth on it could be a tracker
0 Likes
mgwilhelm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Don't use Bluetooth. I've tried everything. I was also told to change my passwords
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes change passwords and look in apps also for something you didn't add
0 Likes
mgwilhelm
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Okay thank you
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Change your passwords on a device other than your compromised phone. If you change your passwords on the compromised device, they will have the new ones.  My suggestion would be to actually either factory reset your phone and set it up from scratch with your new accounts or account passwords, or buy a completely new phone and set it up from scratch (in case they are tech savvy enough to have embedded something in the hardware).  And, this is called cyberstalking and it is illegal, so you might want to get law enforcement involved.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You can also install a protection app that may detect such apps, such as Malwarebytes.  You can open your apps screen and click on the settings and go to settings and then scroll down to the section that says hide apps on home and apps screen, click and and go down the list to see if any apps are checked to be hidden.  If there are, make sure you know what the app is, and if you don't know what it is, uncheck the box and then uninstall the app.